DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Suggestions

Hello. I got the Droid about two weeks ago. Can I get some idea for base aps I NEED to have. I have picked up a few (No games) But would love some suggestions.

3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    to the forum. I strongly recommend Screebl. Now you may not get a lot of response on this as many new people ask this question, so you may want to search through this thread for top apps. I'd give you a link but I'm on my Droid. Enjoy your Droid.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    to the forum. I strongly recommend Screebl. Now you may not get a lot of response on this as many new people ask this question, so you may want to search through this thread for top apps. I'd give you a link but I'm on my Droid. Enjoy your Droid.
    Thanks for the suggestion. Anyone else got any?
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    No one can say what you will need or like. I laugh when people post their "must have" apps because I find most of them totally useless. Here is a good list of apps to look through and try. Most of them are free and even the pay ones can be returned within 24 hours if you do not like them.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...lications.html

P.S. I do agree with hookbill. If I could have only one app it would certainly be screebl.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsABeach View Post
    No one can say what you will need or like. I laugh when people post their "must have" apps because I find most of them totally useless. Here is a good list of apps to look through and try. Most of them are free and even the pay ones can be returned within 24 hours if you do not like them.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...lications.html

P.S. I do agree with hookbill. If I could have only one app it would certainly be screebl.
    Thanks Ill check that out. But anyone have ones that they think are MUST HAVES?
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid!
    must have for me is Handcent sms, its free, and it replaces the stock texting app with something a lot better. I also could not go without beautiful widgets (paid) costs like 1.26 or something, but way worth it. I also love swype, not on the market, you gotta find the link for it in the forums here. also Sweeter home 2, but that is because i'm all about as much customization as possible, and sweeter home 2 lets you replace the stock home with a blank screen and go from there. that is in beta testing right now and can be found at sweeterhome.com, if you decide to give that one a shot, pm me and i can help walk you through figuring it out, huge learning curve, but it is so worth it.
    And now a Message from the Admins...
    -Respect is rule number one. Normal social rules and etiquette apply, even while hiding behind a keyboard.
    -Keep your political and religious views off this forum.
    -If you want to pick a fight about something, you will have to find somewhere else to do so.
    -Report any offensive post or PM, they will be handled.
    -We are here to have fun and learn, so please try and keep it that way for everyone!
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by qwiksilver711 View Post
    must have for me is Handcent sms, its free, and it replaces the stock texting app with something a lot better. I also could not go without beautiful widgets (paid) costs like 1.26 or something, but way worth it. I also love swype, not on the market, you gotta find the link for it in the forums here. also Sweeter home 2, but that is because i'm all about as much customization as possible, and sweeter home 2 lets you replace the stock home with a blank screen and go from there. that is in beta testing right now and can be found at sweeterhome.com, if you decide to give that one a shot, pm me and i can help walk you through figuring it out, huge learning curve, but it is so worth it.
    I have beautiful . Any others?
    Last edited by CyberZeroX; 02-25-2010 at 09:15 PM.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    I am still looking for aps. Any fun games? Like maybe something RPG style?

Is the Settlers game good?

Is there a free SMS app? So I can send texts fore free
    Last edited by CyberZeroX; 02-26-2010 at 07:16 PM.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    It would be better if you would tell us some of the things you want your phone to do. So we can make recommendations based on your wants and needs
    "Harley Davidson - The Perfect Machine to Turn Gasoline into Noise Without the Pesky Bi-Product of Horsepower!"
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerjoe View Post
    It would be better if you would tell us some of the things you want your phone to do. So we can make recommendations based on your wants and needs
    Ahhh of course.

For now the phone is to keep me occupied wile in a boring class. However starting soon I will be taking multiple computer classes and might need it for notes. Quick grabbing of info.

And any nice little apps people really like would be nice to know about

I would love a feed of current video gaming news if anyone knows one.
    Last edited by CyberZeroX; 02-26-2010 at 07:37 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links