DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NES Emulator on Moto Droid

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagemeister894@gmail.com View Post
    I just installed the NES Simulator on the Motorola Droid, and I also got Super Mario Bros 3 and Donkey Kong Classic on it. I am having troubles playing the two games, as in i can not figure out the jump buttons and exactly how to use the dpad on the slide out keyboard to play the two games.
    IIRC the NES only had 2 buttons. They'd be whatever you mapped the buttons to in the settings for NESoid.

A possibility might be that your ROM's aren't any good but you don't mention what your key mappings are so I suspect it's a user issue.
  2. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member
    I just installed the NES Simulator on the Motorola Droid, and I also got Super Mario Bros 3 and Donkey Kong Classic on it. I am having troubles playing the two games, as in i can not figure out the jump buttons and exactly how to use the dpad on the slide out keyboard to play the two games. Does anyone have these combinations of emulator and games, and also know a solution to my problems so i don't have to get a refund! I LOVE MARIO AND WANT TO KEEP IT!!!!
    Can you only use the emulators on rooted phones? I downloaded the genesis one, have no idea how to work it..
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    I just installed the NES Simulator on the Motorola Droid, and I also got Super Mario Bros 3 and Donkey Kong Classic on it. I am having troubles playing the two games, as in i can not figure out the jump buttons and exactly how to use the dpad on the slide out keyboard to play the two games. Does anyone have these combinations of emulator and games, and also know a solution to my problems so i don't have to get a refund! I LOVE MARIO AND WANT TO KEEP IT!!!!
    Can you only use the emulators on rooted phones? I downloaded the genesis one, have no idea how to work it..

Video game emulators can be run on a rooted or non-rooted phone, It makes no difference beause the software runs the game ROMS. If you are talking about ROMs for loading up modified version of the android OS, that is something else all together in which case the phone does need to be rooted.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    Quote Originally Posted by stdesign View Post
    I've never owned a NES, so if I tried this, would I have to somehow find the game "roms" in order to play them? If so, how do I do that? I've always wanted to try this, so I was just wondering.
    I'm not sure if i'm allowed to post web links to other places here. If I am, someone let me know! But if you go to google and type "free roms" you will hit a website with a very similar name. you thn browse to the game you want, save the file, copy them to a directory on your phone, then when you launch Snesoid or another one emulator, you just browse to the directory you saved it in. There is a really detailed post somewhere on this site on how to do everything, I just can't remember where it is. But if you search the website i'm sure you can find it. If not, jsut ask and i'll giv you more details.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links