DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Google Voice + T-Mobile = Nightmare (calls to T-Mo number won't go through to cell)

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Doid Bionic

Angry Google Voice + T-Mobile = Nightmare (calls to T-Mo number won't go through to cell)

I recently switched from Verizon to T-Mobile for various reasons. I've got the LG G2. I set up Google Voice like I've had it set up since before they released GV into the wild. All of a sudden, ALL calls to my T-Mobile are being forwarded directly to my Google Voice number and it will NOT ring my T-Mobile number.

Now, it was ringing through just fine. The only thing I changed was I enabled the setting so I could use Google Voice as my voicemail--like I've done for YEARS with Verizon. I don't know it for sure, but I believe something there has screwed this up royally.

I've removed the number in Google Voice (the T-Mobile number). I've signed out of GV on the cell phone. I've checked everywhere to see if something has a forwarding (to GV) set up and I see nothing. I've dialed the ##004# numerous times to remove any forwarding on my phone. And it still doesn't work.

Problem is, I've been using my GV number for a number of years and a LOT of people have it/use it in order to get me--including business associates. So it's sort of vital that I get this working.

I called T-Mobile but, after trying a bunch of things, they just pointed the finger at Google and said, "Call Google." Of course, I never had this problem with GV before so not sure what T-Mobile is doing differently. Oh, and, there is no way to call Google that I know of.

Anyone got any ideas on this one? I'm searching everywhere and no matter what I try it doesn't work.

Thanks.

Links