DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Golf GPS App question.

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 2
    How Far am I. Is a good free app. l found they are a little limited on the courses they have.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    downloaded Accel Golf app to my DROID, and cannot close it without shutting phone off...
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic, retired D1
    I think I saw one of the developers (or THE developer) of Accel Golf in this forum. Look around and ask him, I think I remember him being pretty helpful.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone

skydroid

I HIGHLY recommend SKYDROID.

There were no courses in my area so I mapped all of the courses I play. I found this to be a lot of fun too.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I happen to see several questions about Golf Logix on the Motorola Droid. I have a SG2.5 Sky Caddie also and called Golf Logix to ask some questions. When you download Golf Logix you have a 24 hour trial (not the total $39 program version) that runs for a total of 24 continuous hours (not run it 5 hours today and add another 5 hour round of golf tomorrow). I emailed their customer service and had a phone call back in less than 5 min; after my questions were answered the tech support person extended my trial version for 7 more days. I have used it several times including a round today and it works quite well. There are no computer downloads as on SkyCaddie; you open it and it finds the course you are on. The green front, center, and back distances are within 1 to 2 yds of SkyCaddie. There is a screen for distances to hazards, layups, and greens (a bit bigger and easier to read than SkyCaddie but similar infomation. If you touch a green round ball on the right middle side of the distance screen an aerial view of a google map comes up showing you the actual hole (not a drawing). An email I received today from Golf Logix states that there is a point and touch distance tracer on the map that can tell you the distance to any point on the picture with the full $39.95 version. Battery life for me is averaging about 60% left at the end of a 4 1/2 hour round. If you cut the battery brightness to about 650 or 60% you can still see colors fine and it will increase battery life. There is a stat and shot analysis system that I have not used but it sounds like you enter data on their website to get more detailed info. My 2.5 Sky Caddie is black and white and certainly has a much smaller screen than the Droid color. The point that the SkyCaddie can take a dropping on the ground better than the Droid phone may be a good point; my 2.5 SkyCaddie is much smaller in size than the Droid. To me Golf Logix gives me more info, esp with the aerial hole view, than the Intelligreen Sky Caddie green info which gives only a hint of the green slopes. The new SkyCaddie SGX seems to offer lots of info that Golf Logix might not have but the customer reviews on the new SGX ($400) are full of complaints at present. At $39.99 Golf Logix gives you over 25,000 courses. There are lots of other free and low cost golf gps apps on the Droid market but most of them don't seem to show much more than the front, middle, and back green distances and the reviews on most fo the golf apps have lots of negatives. Finally, I have not had a need in 3 years to call Sky Caddie; but I got a personal return call from Golf Logix within 5 minutes of an email to them. Hope this info is some help....
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    I use Skydroid and mapped our club course (which wasn't in the library). Maping is simple as you sit in your den with a Google GPS overview and indicate which parts of the course you want distances to....front, middle and back of greens of course but also the front of fairway bunkers or the eucalyptus tree on the left in addition to any targets you want to aim for. It is stored on my Incredible and I find it very accurate. It also has a "track" selection so you can click on your location, hit your drive, and when you get to your ball tell you how long your drive was...or any other selection. I even mapped our driving range! And.....its free! No monthly fees, etc.
    Last edited by azbutch; 07-13-2010 at 07:58 AM.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Verizon S4 ME7 w/root
    freecaddie is the one i use. There is also a "pro" version that costs $15-25 that adds some extra features. It has alot of courses and if not you can build your own using an online tool. It's very accurate (depending on how accurate you or someone else who built the course made it). It's pretty light on the battery also. My droid is usually about 50% when done playing starting with a full charge
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    iPhone 4
    Quote Originally Posted by azbutch View Post
    I use Skydroid and mapped our club course (which wasn't in the library). Maping is simple as you sit in your den with a Google GPS overview and indicate which parts of the course you want distances to....
    +1 on SkyDroid. I added my local courses with ease. Darn accurate too!

9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    htc incredible 2

FreeCaddiePro

I have the FreeCaddiePro installed on my HTC Incredible 2 and love it. It is $9.99 but that is a one time fee with no annual or download fees and you distances to the front and back of greens, distance to hazards, length of shots, scorecards and access to over 24,000 different courses. They even had the par 3 course here in Bloomington,IN that a play a scramble tourney in. All in all this is by far the best golf app I have used so far and my buddy even likes it more than his actual golf gps unit.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links