DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Swiftkey flow beta version - come get it!

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    I keep getting an error that it can't be used until setup finishes, but when I try to do setup it will not download a language pack (on a strong WiFi, rebooted phone). Swiftkey 3 works fine atm.

Nevermind, for some reason it downloaded over 4G just fine. Odd, but oh well
  2. tc1
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Re: Swiftkey flow beta version - come get it!

My Gmail, face book, authentication (whatever it's called) fails every time.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by tc1 View Post
    My Gmail, face book, authentication (whatever it's called) fails every time.
    I tried it in Gmail and the address field doesn't work, but the subject and email body fields do work with Flow. It also works in Google+.
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    788 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note3(N2/Nexus)
    Premium Member

Good input guys... Thank you!They are also getting plenty of traffic so stuff like the language packs are failing or not going thru for some...

《Take Note2 BK's here..》
    "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm"
    Forum Rules Here!!

5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    696 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by bkdodger View Post
    Good input guys... Thank you!They are also getting plenty of traffic so stuff like the language packs are failing or not going thru for some...

《Take Note2 BK's here..》
    I bet it's a server issue due to the long awaited release
    I'm going to miss the gesture copy/paste of swype and gesture delete of slideit but I'm liking it so far other than missing those.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU. Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Twitter
    chinoali
    Phone
    Tbolt, Rezound & Nexus 7
    It took me like 20 attempts to load the language pack. But up an running now. Its ok. Prediction is still good as the other Swiftkey models. To me, the only thing different with FLOW vs the regular version is just that, the swyping feature.
    One issue i had after installation is that the keyboard will lock on the screen and wont retract back. I had to FC it to get it to reset itself.
    That was real annoying but still going through it.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jseah View Post
    While the stock Samsung keyboard has the trace ability, the predictive text in SwiftKey is better. SwiftKey automatically replaces the word you are typing with the correct word, while the stock Samsung keyboard anticipates what word you want to type, but you have to actually click on the word to have it be used. While the Flow feature is nice, I doubt I will use it much. I can type the word out faster than tracing the word.

What I do love about the Samsung keyboard, though, is in the implementation on the Note II when you have the stylus out it automatically switches the keyboard to handwriting recognition, and the handwriting recognition works great. It even correctly interprets cursive text, and even if your handwriting is horrible.
    I have noticed similar issues. I don't like the fact that the swiftkey keyboard doesn't have the number row like the Samsung keyboard has. That is a extremely nice feature not having to longpress to get numbers entered into text. At this point I am leaving Swiftkey installed hoping updated will rectify these issues. Until then I think I am going to use the Samsung keyboard.
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    696 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Premium Member

Maybe I'm missing something but I think it is not as good as Swype right now in the prediction area. It isn't giving me choices for input and is automatically inserting the 1 choice it does give. I've got it on my Nexus7 and am not really impressed so far. No punctuation as next choice either, my biggest desire for having it over Swype.

Support Our Troops! !!!
    <><
    From a Beano
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU. Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by armeddroid View Post
    It took me like 20 attempts to load the language pack. But up an running now. Its ok. Prediction is still good as the other Swiftkey models. To me, the only thing different with FLOW vs the regular version is just that, the swyping feature.
    One issue i had after installation is that the keyboard will lock on the screen and wont retract back. I had to FC it to get it to reset itself.
    That was real annoying but still going through it.
    That is the great thing about having Flow from SwiftKey. You can use Flow, but if you don't you can still tap away on the keyboard just like the other SwiftKey keyboards and still get the same predictive text. Now if only they added pen/handwriting support like the Samsung keyboard has for the Note II, then it would be perfect.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by huskur View Post
    I have noticed similar issues. I don't like the fact that the swiftkey keyboard doesn't have the number row like the Samsung keyboard has. That is a extremely nice feature not having to longpress to get numbers entered into text. At this point I am leaving Swiftkey installed hoping updated will rectify these issues. Until then I think I am going to use the Samsung keyboard.
    When I first got the Note II, I preferred the Samsung keyboard to SwiftKey purely because of the extra number row. However, I did not like how the Samsung keyboard would predict text, but you then had to click on the word for it to be used. With SwiftKey, it would automatically use the predicted text. That to me is more of a time saver than having to click an extra key to switch to numbers and then back again.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links