DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: gtasks now integrated with Pure Calendar Agenda Widget

  1. Master Droid
    SGTiger's Avatar
    Member #
    2353
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    511
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #1

    Thumbs up gtasks now integrated with Pure Calendar Agenda Widget

    FYI:

    If you have not tried gtasks in a while, you will find it has been improved greatly as of late. Gtasks is an app that syncs with Google tasks. It now has automatic sync.

    Just recently the dev of that app worked with the dev of Pure Calendar in providing the synced tasks to the Pure Calendar Agenda Widget. The dev of Pure Calendar did a nice job of grabbing and displaying these tasks along with any scheduled appointments from the calendar. Tasks have a little blue dot beside them while calendar items have a vertical bar. Late tasks show up in red.

    If you haven't used the Pure Calendar Agenda Widget, give it a try. You can adjust the transparency along with a large host of settings which makes the widget look extremely nice, IMO.

    gTasks - beta v0.3.33m Application for Android | Productivity

    http://www.androlib.com/android.appl...ndar-qmwt.aspx
  2. Master Droid
    searayman's Avatar
    Member #
    1330
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    949
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by SGTiger View Post
    FYI:

    If you have not tried gtasks in a while, you will find it has been improved greatly as of late. Gtasks is an app that syncs with Google tasks. It now has automatic sync.

    Just recently the dev of that app worked with the dev of Pure Calendar in providing the synced tasks to the Pure Calendar Agenda Widget. The dev of Pure Calendar did a nice job of grabbing and displaying these tasks along with any scheduled appointments from the calendar. Tasks have a little blue dot beside them while calendar items have a vertical bar. Late tasks show up in red.

    If you haven't used the Pure Calendar Agenda Widget, give it a try. You can adjust the transparency along with a large host of settings which makes the widget look extremely nice, IMO.

    gTasks - beta v0.3.33m Application for Android | Productivity

    Pure Calendar widget (agenda) v1.7.3 Application for Android | Productivity
    I noticed this last night o and love it!!! Iit used to only work with astrid but it was kind of a pain to me cause I am a heavy user of gtasks on google calendar on my desktop so this is integration i have been hoping for, for so long!
    I have a lot of good how to articles about music managing and battery life etc. PM me if interested.
  3. Droid Sensei
    KZIWarrior's Avatar
    Member #
    21812
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    2,634
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    #3
    SWEET!!!!!
    Thanks, I had tried gTasks but wasn't really pleased and have been debating about Pure Calendar... this will probably settle it. Thanks for the post.
    You are right to be wary. There is much bullcrap. Be wary of me too, because I may be wrong. Make up your own mind after you evaluate all the evidence and the logic. - Mark Rippetoe
  4. Master Droid
    SGTiger's Avatar
    Member #
    2353
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    511
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #4
    The only caveat is that you have to have gtasks running in the background for auto sync to work. I was hoping the dev would build that into his widget. I would then just put the widget on one of my home screens that I never use so that autosync would be kind of transparent.

    As it stands now I have to remember to not close out of gtasks and also remember to start the gtasks app running after a reboot. Maybe if enough people ask the gtasks dev about it, he will allow autosyncing from his widget.
  5. Droid Sensei
    KZIWarrior's Avatar
    Member #
    21812
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    2,634
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by SGTiger View Post
    The only caveat is that you have to have gtasks running in the background for auto sync to work. I was hoping the dev would build that into his widget. I would then just put the widget on one of my home screens that I never use so that autosync would be kind of transparent.

    As it stands now I have to remember to not close out of gtasks and also remember to start the gtasks app running after a reboot. Maybe if enough people ask the gtasks dev about it, he will allow autosyncing from his widget.
    Probably, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't already on his personal to-do list. Most of the developers (legit ones like this) are pretty good about noticing that and anticipating what people want.
    You are right to be wary. There is much bullcrap. Be wary of me too, because I may be wrong. Make up your own mind after you evaluate all the evidence and the logic. - Mark Rippetoe
  6. Master Droid
    SGTiger's Avatar
    Member #
    2353
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    511
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by KZIWarrior View Post
    Probably, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't already on his personal to-do list. Most of the developers (legit ones like this) are pretty good about noticing that and anticipating what people want.
    He's actually pretty active in the google group he uses for interaction. Unfortunately he didn't seem very receptive nor understand the need for it when I posted my concerns about having to keep the app in the background for the auto sync to work.
  7. Droid Sensei
    KZIWarrior's Avatar
    Member #
    21812
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    2,634
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by SGTiger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KZIWarrior View Post
    Probably, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't already on his personal to-do list. Most of the developers (legit ones like this) are pretty good about noticing that and anticipating what people want.
    He's actually pretty active in the google group he uses for interaction. Unfortunately he didn't seem very receptive nor understand the need for it when I posted my concerns about having to keep the app in the background for the auto sync to work.
    huh, interesting. Guess we'll see. If not it might leave room for someone else to take advantage and make a better app
    You are right to be wary. There is much bullcrap. Be wary of me too, because I may be wrong. Make up your own mind after you evaluate all the evidence and the logic. - Mark Rippetoe
  8. Senior Droid
    PatG's Avatar
    Member #
    2750
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    222
    Liked
    3 times
    #8
    I tried gTasks when it first came out since it was integrated with Google Tasks. I am not interested using Pure Calendar. In it self it is not bad, but it needs to provide pop up reminders, like Astrid. Being able to set a recurring event would be nice, too.
  9. Master Droid
    SGTiger's Avatar
    Member #
    2353
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    511
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by PatG View Post
    I tried gTasks when it first came out since it was integrated with Google Tasks. I am not interested using Pure Calendar. In it self it is not bad, but it needs to provide pop up reminders, like Astrid. Being able to set a recurring event would be nice, too.

    You can use the following site to suggest improvements and vote on those already suggested:

    Google Moderator
  10. Droid Ninja
    bodean's Avatar
    Member #
    1033
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,155
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid X (Rooted), Iphone 4 JB.
    #10
    gtasks is now 4 dollars. Can you say bu-bye?

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Pure Calendar Widget vs Pure Grid Calendar Widget?
    By bodean in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-14-2010, 01:55 PM
  2. Pure Calendar (Agenda) Widget Question
    By Houndstooth in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-24-2010, 05:44 AM
  3. Fully integrated Calendar??
    By pilot25 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-11-2010, 09:14 AM
  4. Pure Calendar widget...
    By jrl9851 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-07-2010, 11:33 AM
  5. Single integrated calendar widget?
    By richelesro in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-18-2009, 03:43 PM

Search tags for this page

android gtask widget
,
gtask calendar
,
gtask desktop
,
gtask for desktop
,

gtask widget

,
gtask widget for android
,
gtasks calendar
,

gtasks desktop

,
gtasks desktop widget
,

gtasks widget

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+