Important: WORKS OFFLINE, Internet Connection required ONLY for the download of voices, images and spell-check results (limited resources).
Conveniently sized and intuitive, the Dictionary App appeals to the bilingual public, regardless of their level of expertise. User can easily identify difficulty levels, geographical region or idiomatic usage. Includes thousands of terms, are broken down and detailed for clear results and stress-free navigation.
• Over 49,000 entries, 49,000 translations, 72,000 synonyms
• Natural-sounding voices for entries, definitions and examples in both languages (British and American English, European and American Spanish)
• Words which are spelled identically in both languages are displayed twice in the List, marked with a flag at the side.
• Fuzzy Search: Detects misspelled words simultaneously in English and Spanish, offering close suggestions.
• Search History.
• Mark Favorite Words easily.
- Translations, Synonyms and Pictures
- Clear-cut separation of meanings, identified with WM’s “Descriptive Tags”
- Part of Speech and other grammar attributes: Noun, Verb, Adj, etc.
- Noun type classification: Concrete, Abstract, Animate, Animal, etc. *
- Color Code icon indicates word usage: Easy, Normal, Difficult or Technical
- Field Classification indicates area of usage: Zoology, Chemistry, Domestic, etc. - Idiomatic Use tags: Idiomatic, Slang, Figurative, Formal, Inf., etc.
- Colloquial words indicated with flag icon of each country
- On/Off display of slang, foreign or offensive words. Default OFF.
- More than 9,000 color pictures help identify word meanings and context.