DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie: Need help of What apps to get

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Newbie: Need help of What apps to get

Hello everyone I just picked up my new Motorola Droid today and I have that famous question. What now ? I know I will have to do a lot of reading here but could anyone recommend on any apps now to improve on what came with the phone and any add-ons to protect the phone and any tips and tricks, also and settings recommendations.

Kenny
    Last edited by kmaultsby; 02-14-2010 at 11:02 PM.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    First off welcome to the forum... there are so many apps out there its hard to say which u should get.. IMO... for web browsing I use xScopeBrowser. It works really well... if ur into music I would say get imusic and also music junk... for free song downloads.. astro filemanager is a good one to manage files rename, sort stuff like that..the sky is pretty much the limit..
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Welcome to the forum, kmaultsby! Try starting with this thread. Many great suggestions. I started reading it and had to quit just because I was spending all my time trying out everyone else's suggestion. Have fun!

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...your-apps.html
  5. Banned
    Member #
    Fort Huachuca, AZ (Originally from Pittsburgh, PA)
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Bugless Beast 2.1 ROM @ 1.1GHz
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneDroid View Post
    Welcome to the forum, kmaultsby! Try starting with this thread. Many great suggestions. I started reading it and had to quit just because I was spending all my time trying out everyone else's suggestion. Have fun!

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...your-apps.html
    Haha, was just about to post that...
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3

agreed with above for xScope as the browser of choice. It's not the prettiest (but he's working on it) but it is one of the best (i.e. fastest and most features).

As for others it really depends on your use. Personally I say ROOT THAT BEEOTCH!!!!! Root Your Droid and see what it can really do

Other good general suggestions are Home++ (home screen replacement app) and k-9 mail and (if your a txter) handcent or another texting app (the default is apparently pretty lousy). Oh, and your a car nut aCar is a GREAT app for maintaining records and such.
    You are right to be wary. There is much bullcrap. Be wary of me too, because I may be wrong. Make up your own mind after you evaluate all the evidence and the logic. - Mark Rippetoe
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    Welcome!!

I would recommend Handcent, if you don't like the stock texting app...if you don't like the browser droider4life mentioned earlier, try out Dolphin....people have mixed feelings about all of them so just try them out yourself...

Definitely Astro....

But, STAY AWAY from task killers and anti-virus apps....you don't need them, don't worry about them

8. Banned
    Member #
    Fort Huachuca, AZ (Originally from Pittsburgh, PA)
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Bugless Beast 2.1 ROM @ 1.1GHz
    If you install Handcent or ChompSMS make sure you disable notifications in your stock messenger application.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid - Verizon
    Most apps are free (not all, of course) and you'll get to try hundreds of apps in the market. Really easy to install and uninstall
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by kmaultsby View Post
    Hello everyone I just picked up my new Motorola Droid today and I have that famous question. What now ? I know I will have to do a lot of reading here but could anyone recommend on any apps now to improve on what came with the phone and any add-ons to protect the phone and any tips and tricks, also and settings recommendations.

Kenny
    Welcome! My views on apps is that they are like clothes (specially the ones that are fee), it all depends on you! Try it, not a good fit...get rid of it and try another...repeat! To narrow suggestions think of categories, Games, calendars, music, etc. Have fun!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links