DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Home replacement questions

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid!
    what i mean by snap is on the stock home i slide to switch screens and it ends up on one or the other, doesnt let you be half on one and half on the other like home++, thats what I want, i dont want to be half on one screen and half on the other, anal i know, but irritating. I would compromise with sweeter home 2 if it is actually as customizable as it seems
    And now a Message from the Admins...
    -Respect is rule number one. Normal social rules and etiquette apply, even while hiding behind a keyboard.
    -Keep your political and religious views off this forum.
    -If you want to pick a fight about something, you will have to find somewhere else to do so.
    -Report any offensive post or PM, they will be handled.
    -We are here to have fun and learn, so please try and keep it that way for everyone!
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by qwiksilver711 View Post
    what i mean by snap is on the stock home i slide to switch screens and it ends up on one or the other, doesnt let you be half on one and half on the other like home++, thats what I want, i dont want to be half on one screen and half on the other, anal i know, but irritating. I would compromise with sweeter home 2 if it is actually as customizable as it seems
    I am running Home++ with 5 screens currently and I love it. When I switch screens, if it's halfway between 2 screens and I lift my finger off the screen it snaps to the next screen. There is a setting for "Workspace Looping", if that is checked you will see the behavior you are referring to, uncheck it and the screen will snap like you want it to.
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Home++ needs an update..developer lagging on kicking one out.
    Tried Sweeter Home 2 and my phone did not play nice..must have an app loaded that does not like it.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Rooted Droid O/C and loving it
    agreed that the Home++ developer is lagging, but considering its a free app you can't blame them.
    qwiksilver- just curious to know if sweeter worked for you.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid!
    sweeter home will defiantly work for me, i'm just stuck in that huge learning curve you spoke about, working my way through tutorials for it, but it really was exactly what I wanted as far as the amount of customization .
    -Respect is rule number one. Normal social rules and etiquette apply, even while hiding behind a keyboard.
    -If you want to pick a fight about something, you will have to find somewhere else to do so.
    -We are here to have fun and learn, so please try and keep it that way for everyone!
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    Some people love SweeterHome and some hate it lol it's like either or...

I personally just couldn't get used it, way too complicated for a home replacement for me

7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    sweeter home will defiantly work for me, i'm just stuck in that huge learning curve you spoke about, working my way through tutorials for it, but it really was exactly what I wanted as far as the amount of customization .
    Did you read my note above about Home++ ? One change to the default settings and it snaps to the next screen the way you would like it to. No sticking between screens.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid!
    Quote Originally Posted by ytwokc5 View Post
    Did you read my note above about Home++ ? One change to the default settings and it snaps to the next screen the way you would like it to. No sticking between screens.
    I did, and if sweeter home 2 ends up not working I will do that, I suspect I will like sweeterhome 2 once I figure out how to do a few more things on it, played around with it for about four hours last night, and I figured alot more stuff out, just wish there was a bit more instruction on it somewhere.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I did, and if sweeter home 2 ends up not working I will do that, I suspect I will like sweeterhome 2 once I figure out how to do a few more things on it, played around with it for about four hours last night, and I figured alot more stuff out, just wish there was a bit more instruction on it somewhere.
    I'm trying to help the dev out with documentation etc - but my life is hectic right now at work, and trying to find somewhere to live. More will be coming.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    ...just wish there was a bit more instruction on it somewhere.
    Did you try the forums and documentation on the website? I have learned quite a bit there.

-Mike
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links