DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: App: Settings Profiles -- Setting up?

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid X (Rooted), Iphone 4 JB.

App: Settings Profiles -- Setting up?

ANyone care to share some common profiles they have setup with this app?
    Also, how does the order of your profiles work? Say my default is to have ringer on, but I set up a "night" profile to turn ringers off at a time. Will that override the default profile?

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Unlike Locale, with Settings Profile multiple profiles can be active at the same time. When you deactivate one (whether manually, though the widget, or automatically) it will go back to whatever your settings were before the profile was enabled. There is no default profile.

The order that they are listed doesn't matter, in fact, I don't even think you can change it. What matters, is the order that they are enabled and disabled. The last setting to apply is the one that is set.

I hope this makes sense. By the way, my wife and I both bought the full version. I worked through a couple of small issues with the developer regarding bugs and we have been very happy with the app. It definitely rocks.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    bump this, im trying to find out how to setup profiles so i can have each one act differently based on what is selected. Like a work or night profile
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Thanks. Any more feedback?
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola BIONIC
    I have 5 profiles set up on mine. I have a school profile that turns on when the GPS has located I am on campus and that profile silences the ringer and notifications, and enables the pattern lock. My home profile sets the ringer and notification volume at 50%, disables the pattern lock, turns on wifi and is based on the GPS location of my home. I also have a profile set up for when connected to the car dock that turns on Bluetooth, GPS, and starts the maps program. The desk dock profile I have set up turns off everything except for the phone ringer. My last profile is for work, it is the most intricate. Since I work for a fire department I want to be able to hear my phone while at the station but when out on runs it must be silent. So when the GPS sees I am at my station's coordinates it has the ringer and notifications on, wifi on and pattern lock off. When I leave the station for a run the GPS sees that I have left the work area and silences my phone, turns off background data and wifi, and enables the pattern lock.

All in all I could not be happier with this app. I use it all the time and consider it my favorite app.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    So here's my question. I am using the latest version of this app.
    I have 3 profiles: Default (Brightness 36%), Home(Autosync on,Brightness 50%, Vibrate for notifications Off, Ringer), Night (Wifi off, brightness 36%, Vibrate for notifications off, Vibrate on Calls: on).

I have 1 rule "Activate night" during 2330-0300 every day.

I wake up today at 8am, and notice the phone is still in silent mode.

Am I missing somethere here? Should it not be in silent?
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola BIONIC
    Quote Originally Posted by bodean View Post
    I have 3 profiles: Default (Brightness 36%), Home(Autosync on,Brightness 50%, Vibrate for notifications Off, Ringer), Night (Wifi off, brightness 36%, Vibrate for notifications off, Vibrate on Calls: on).

Is the profile you have called "default" actually set for default? If it is not the program will keep your phone in the last activated profile until another is set to activate. You can set a profile to default by longpressing on the name of the profile and selecting "set as default."
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by ptfd13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bodean View Post

Is the profile you have called "default" actually set for default? If it is not the program will keep your phone in the last activated profile until another is set to activate. You can set a profile to default by longpressing on the name of the profile and selecting "set as default."
    Thanks will try that and report back
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by ptfd13 View Post
    That is actually incorrect. When a profile exits, if there is no default profile set, your settings will go back to the state they were in when that profile was triggered.

I saw your post over on AndroidForums, and I believe you said your ringer was not set to silent when your phone entered the night profile, so there is no reason for your phone to still be silent at 8am unless the profile is set up incorrectly or the profile failed to exit.

You can try setting a default profile to see what happens, but i don't believe that is your problem assuming everything is set up properly.
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Also, this app doesn't use GPS as stated above. The location based switching is based on cellular. There is also a default profile option now, but you have to set it as indicated above.

I have a few profiles if I can remember them, vibrate, normal, headphones, night, charging, and low battery

Here are some of my rules:
    - 10pm - 8am activate night profile to kill notification vibration so i don't have my phone vibrating for email
    - 9am-5pm weekdays activate work profile to disallow GPS and silence and vibrate ringer and notifications
    - Activate charging profile when plugged in to brighten my screen, change the timeout to never, allow GPS, and turn on my BT
    - Activate headphones profile when headphones are plugged in to turn down all sounds so they don't make me deaf when i'm listening to music
    - Notify with sound, launch pandora, and activate headphones profile when I connect my bluetooth headset
    - turn off BT, WiFi, and disallow GPS when battery is less than 30%

i have entered in my locations but i haven't tried any rules to trigger based on location because i really don't use it. i should try it for work but i suspect i'll probably have problems since i live pretty close to my job.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links