DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: myLock in Market! Skip the Lock Screen!

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member

Thumbs up myLock in Market! Skip the Lock Screen!

myLock will bypass/remove/skip the 'slide to unlock' lock screen. Only the power button can 'wake' the phone!

myLock has been floating around DroidForums for a while. It's better known as the "we don't like the lockscreen" thread.
    Found here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/and...ockscreen.html

It's finally in the Market! The developer has been very responsive here on the forums. Now every one can benefit from his work with any easy Market download! We need to support developers like this!

*petjakob is the developer for myLock* DONATE TO SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT
    Quote Originally Posted by petjakob View Post
    I have plans to go ahead and put up a donation version in the market. I don't believe in free version/full version for such simple & small apps, but I want an option directly in market to donate without going to our paypal separately. Plenty of small scale apps offer donate purchase. If you want to donate now, go to the project blog at myLock for android and click the donate button on the left sidebar.

Troubleshooting/Tips:

If you're experiencing an issue with myLock reverting to the lock screen, and you're using Handcent's Pop-Up, there is a setting you should be aware of.
    Go into Handcent > Settings > Pop-Up Setting.... Make sure "Show on locked" in not checked. Handcent's Pop-Up uses the same 'call' to the OS to bypass the lock screen in order to display the pop-up. Leaving this option checked (enabled) doubles the call to the OS to disable the lock screen, which can cause myLock to not work properly.
    As long as your Handcent Pop-Up settings are enabled for "Screen on for Popup", it will call the OS to 'wake' the screen, which will in turn tell myLock to bypass the lock screen. This will avoid any conflict with myLock and Handcent's Pop-Up.
    Last edited by Martin030908; 02-15-2010 at 10:32 PM.

3. Banned
    Member #
    Fort Huachuca, AZ (Originally from Pittsburgh, PA)
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Bugless Beast 2.1 ROM @ 1.1GHz
    +1 for a 5 star rating from me so far
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post
    myLock will bypass/remove/skip the 'slide to unlock' lock screen. Only the power button can 'wake' the phone!

myLock app

myLock has been floating around DroidForums for a while. It's better known as the "we don't like the lockscreen" thread.
    Found here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/and...ockscreen.html

Well the developer has put myLock in the Market!

The developer has been very responsive here on the forums. His development has always progressed. (as I've followed, and used, every version that's been available for download during development)

Now every one can benefit from his work with any easy Market download!
    We need to support developers like this!

Now that's it's hit the Market I believe it's time for myLock to have it's own application thread!
    Thanks for the tip, Martin! Downloaded and like the app so far, (but then with your recommendation, how could I go wrong?)
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Just got it downloaded and turned on.

I have Weather Widgets Donate. When I push the power button to come out of sleep mode, the "slide to unlock" shows briefly then it goes to my homepage. I get a message about the widget not loading and then it tells me to push the home or back button to get my widget back. Seems weird. If this persists, I will have to remove this app.

-Mike
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by MJ5150 View Post
    Just got it downloaded and turned on.

I have Weather Widgets Donate. When I push the power button to come out of sleep mode, the "slide to unlock" shows briefly then it goes to my homepage. I get a message about the widget not loading and then it tells me to push the home or back button to get my widget back. Seems weird. If this persists, I will have to remove this app.

-Mike
    Hi, Mike, not getting anything like that here. Screen goes to sleep and when I press the power button, I get a big digital time display. It tells me to hit back to resume last screen or home to return to launcher. Maybe you got a bad or incomplete download? Might be worth retrying.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneDroid View Post

Hi, Mike, not getting anything like that here. Screen goes to sleep and when I press the power button, I get a big digital time display. It tells me to hit back to resume last screen or home to return to launcher. Maybe you got a bad or incomplete download? Might be worth retrying.
    Good idea. I am getting the same behavior as you regarding hit back or home tho. Thanks for the suggestion.

Kinda irritating how the "slide to unlock" shows up for about two seconds when I push power though. You don't get that at all? Maybe my phone is bogged down from other apps running?

-Mike
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    curious...what happens when a incoming call comes in?
    Motorola Droid
    Rooted DroidMod 1.0, 1000MHz
    Smoked Glass theme w/live wallpapers
    Seidio innocase w/holster
    gtalk: pacifico.talens.jr
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Quote Originally Posted by cisco0910 View Post
    curious...what happens when a incoming call comes in?
    Good question! I just called my phone from my land line to find out.

For me, the screen lit up, the "slide to unlock" screen came on for about two seconds, then the slide to answer or ignore option came up. After I hung up, I got a force close on the mylock app.

-Mike
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by MJ5150 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneDroid View Post

Good idea. I am getting the same behavior as you regarding hit back or home tho. Thanks for the suggestion.

Kinda irritating how the "slide to unlock" shows up for about two seconds when I push power though. You don't get that at all? Maybe my phone is bogged down from other apps running?

-Mike
    OK, now I do, because when I was first playing with it the last screen I was on was the same one the app is on (and no hint of the slide lock). This time, the last screen I was on was different than where the app is and I do see the old slide lock for maybe a second now... Don't know if I explained that very well, but see if it's the same for you.
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    I did some more research here, and on the website for the guy who made myLock. It is by design that the "slide to unlock" screen appears momentarily.

I'm going to test some more later today on the force close after I answer a call though.

-Mike
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Links