DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alternatives to 2.1 Features

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Alternatives to 2.1 Features

Since it looks like we will have to wait a bit for 2.1, I would appreciate some ideas on market-available alternatives for some of the 2.1 features, specially:
    • 5 or more home screens
    • Better application drawer
    • multiple gmails on one inbox
    • voice controls/speach-to-text
    For the purpose of this discussion I am not interested in rooting options.
  2. Banned
    Member #
    Fort Huachuca, AZ (Originally from Pittsburgh, PA)
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Bugless Beast 2.1 ROM @ 1.1GHz
    Any home replacement app (GDE, Home++, etc) will give you five home screens. Don't think anything will replace the app drawer outside of some of the home replacements also do this. However, I use Apps Organizer and I NEVER go into the App Drawer anyhow so no need for a replacement.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Twitter
    justreboot
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - Black 16GB
    Quote Originally Posted by Matth3w View Post
    Any home replacement app (GDE, Home++, etc) will give you five home screens. Don't think anything will replace the app drawer outside of some of the home replacements also do this. However, I use Apps Organizer and I NEVER go into the App Drawer anyhow so no need for a replacement.
    Using Home++ with bb 0.7.5/ OC to 800hz... very happy have most of the 2.1 apps.
  4. dro
    Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1/Bugless .4
    Home++ or Launcher++ work well for five screens. You could also install the launcher from 2.1 to get five screens and the new app drawer. The new app drawer may look a little better but it is annoying to use imo. Not sure about your other two gripes there.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid BIONIC®,Motorola Droid X

Question I know, I know. I know this vzw guy.....

Yes, this is another well known "My friend who works at vzw told me", but for what it's worth, and Time WILL tell, "my friend who works at vzw" has leaked me "information" thru out the past 6-7 years with him being right 98-99% of the time. Much of this has been mentioned (above, etc.), but 2.1. which should be out anywhere from tomorrow to a week and a half, being a 2 part upgrade will include Speak to text AND e-mail, as partially mentioned above, Flash, 5 screens which include live wallpaper / background(s) and some other Sound / Dialing enhancements. Also, like the Nexus One, hopefully we also will be seeing Google Earth - http://www.androidguys.com/2010/02/2...oid-market-21/ -

Yes he's my friend, yes, he's been accurate most of the time, but he's human and I, like you guy's will believe it when I see it ! Friend or no friend...
    Last edited by immobile; 02-24-2010 at 11:37 PM.
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    110 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Sigh.

Flash won't be out until mid year at the very soonest. So you're "friend" is full of it.

Quote Originally Posted by immobile View Post
    Yes, this is another well known "My friend who works at vzw told me", but for what it's worth, and Time WILL tell, "my friend who works at vzw" has leaked me "information" thru out the past 6-7 years with him being right 98-99% of the time. Much of this has been mentioned (above, etc.), but 2.1. which should be out anywhere from tomorrow to a week and a half, being a 2 part upgrade will include Speak to text AND e-mail, as partially mentioned above, Flash, 5 screens which include live wallpaper / background(s) and some other Sound / Dialing enhancements.
    Yes he's my friend, yes, he's been accurate most of the time, but he's human and I, like you guy's will believe it when I see it ! Friend or no friend...
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid BIONIC®,Motorola Droid X

Talking Can't escape it even at Midnight...

Quote Originally Posted by SSHGuru View Post
    Sigh.

Flash won't be out until mid year at the very soonest. So you're "friend" is full of it.

Yes, this is another well known "My friend who works at vzw told me", but for what it's worth, and Time WILL tell, "my friend who works at vzw" has leaked me "information" thru out the past 6-7 years with him being right 98-99% of the time. Much of this has been mentioned (above, etc.), but 2.1. which should be out anywhere from tomorrow to a week and a half, being a 2 part upgrade will include Speak to text AND e-mail, as partially mentioned above, Flash, 5 screens which include live wallpaper / background(s) and some other Sound / Dialing enhancements.

*I stopped going to a number of forums to get away from the childish "Flaming", but I guess regardless of how you present updates, rumors, hopes, and yes, even " I have a friend at vzw who told me " topics, you still have your *hitheads that their world revolves around "Cell phone" to the degree that they forget or ignore common courteous to others who share the same interests. Grant it, it was a minor Smart**s remark, but was it necessary ? Just give it a thought as your diaper is being changed for beddy bye....
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    110 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Stop poking me with that stick!

Sigh.

*I stopped going to a number of forums to get away from the childish "Flaming", but I guess regardless of how you present updates, rumors, hopes, and yes, even " I have a friend at vzw who told me " topics, you still have your *hitheads that their world revolves around "Cell phone" to the degree that they forget or ignore common courteous to others who share the same interests. Grant it, it was a minor Smart**s remark, but was it necessary ? Just give it a thought as your diaper is being changed for beddy bye....
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Yes, this is another well known "My friend who works at vzw told me", but for what it's worth, and Time WILL tell, "my friend who works at vzw" has leaked me "information" thru out the past 6-7 years with him being right 98-99% of the time. Much of this has been mentioned (above, etc.), but 2.1. which should be out anywhere from tomorrow to a week and a half, being a 2 part upgrade will include Speak to text AND e-mail, as partially mentioned above, Flash, 5 screens which include live wallpaper / background(s) and some other Sound / Dialing enhancements. Also, like the Nexus One, hopefully we also will be seeing Google Earth - Google Earth Arrives in Android Market for 2.1 | AndroidGuys -

Sounds cool. Would love it if 2.1 included all that. No worry about Google Earth. Even if they don't include it in our stock 2.1 it is available in the market.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Sigh.

LoL.... how was he flaming you? He was only stating a part of what your oft-mentioned "friend who works from Verizon" was wrong on one part so people won't take it as it might happen. I mean, he didn't even mention that your "friend who works at Verizon" only stated things that have been confirmed for what seems like forever now. You're the one actually flaming with the remarks and name-calling.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links