DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Alternatives to 2.1 Features

  1. Master Droid
    donerico's Avatar
    Member #
    14603
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    353
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #1

    Alternatives to 2.1 Features

    Since it looks like we will have to wait a bit for 2.1, I would appreciate some ideas on market-available alternatives for some of the 2.1 features, specially:
    • 5 or more home screens
    • Better application drawer
    • multiple gmails on one inbox
    • voice controls/speach-to-text
    For the purpose of this discussion I am not interested in rooting options.
  2. Banned
    Matth3w's Avatar
    Member #
    25413
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fort Huachuca, AZ (Originally from Pittsburgh, PA)
    Posts
    152
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Bugless Beast 2.1 ROM @ 1.1GHz
    #2
    Any home replacement app (GDE, Home++, etc) will give you five home screens. Don't think anything will replace the app drawer outside of some of the home replacements also do this. However, I use Apps Organizer and I NEVER go into the App Drawer anyhow so no need for a replacement.
  3. Master Droid
    justreboot's Avatar
    Member #
    2806
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Central NJ-USA
    Posts
    293
    Liked
    3 times
    Twitter
    justreboot
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - Black 16GB
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Matth3w View Post
    Any home replacement app (GDE, Home++, etc) will give you five home screens. Don't think anything will replace the app drawer outside of some of the home replacements also do this. However, I use Apps Organizer and I NEVER go into the App Drawer anyhow so no need for a replacement.
    Using Home++ with bb 0.7.5/ OC to 800hz... very happy have most of the 2.1 apps.
  4. dro
    dro is offline
    Senior Droid
    dro's Avatar
    Member #
    15219
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    181
    Phone
    Droid 1/Bugless .4
    #4
    Home++ or Launcher++ work well for five screens. You could also install the launcher from 2.1 to get five screens and the new app drawer. The new app drawer may look a little better but it is annoying to use imo. Not sure about your other two gripes there.
  5. Droid
    immobile's Avatar
    Member #
    9169
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    AZ.
    Posts
    34
    Phone
    Droid BIONIC®,Motorola Droid X
    #5

    Question I know, I know. I know this vzw guy.....

    Yes, this is another well known "My friend who works at vzw told me", but for what it's worth, and Time WILL tell, "my friend who works at vzw" has leaked me "information" thru out the past 6-7 years with him being right 98-99% of the time. Much of this has been mentioned (above, etc.), but 2.1. which should be out anywhere from tomorrow to a week and a half, being a 2 part upgrade will include Speak to text AND e-mail, as partially mentioned above, Flash, 5 screens which include live wallpaper / background(s) and some other Sound / Dialing enhancements. Also, like the Nexus One, hopefully we also will be seeing Google Earth - http://www.androidguys.com/2010/02/2...oid-market-21/ -

    Yes he's my friend, yes, he's been accurate most of the time, but he's human and I, like you guy's will believe it when I see it ! Friend or no friend...
    Last edited by immobile; 02-24-2010 at 11:37 PM.
  6. Droid Sensei
    SSHGuru's Avatar
    Member #
    7987
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    3,844
    Liked
    110 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #6
    Sigh.

    Flash won't be out until mid year at the very soonest. So you're "friend" is full of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by immobile View Post
    Yes, this is another well known "My friend who works at vzw told me", but for what it's worth, and Time WILL tell, "my friend who works at vzw" has leaked me "information" thru out the past 6-7 years with him being right 98-99% of the time. Much of this has been mentioned (above, etc.), but 2.1. which should be out anywhere from tomorrow to a week and a half, being a 2 part upgrade will include Speak to text AND e-mail, as partially mentioned above, Flash, 5 screens which include live wallpaper / background(s) and some other Sound / Dialing enhancements.
    Yes he's my friend, yes, he's been accurate most of the time, but he's human and I, like you guy's will believe it when I see it ! Friend or no friend...
  7. Droid
    immobile's Avatar
    Member #
    9169
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    AZ.
    Posts
    34
    Phone
    Droid BIONIC®,Motorola Droid X
    #7

    Talking Can't escape it even at Midnight...

    Quote Originally Posted by SSHGuru View Post
    Sigh.

    Flash won't be out until mid year at the very soonest. So you're "friend" is full of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by immobile View Post
    Yes, this is another well known "My friend who works at vzw told me", but for what it's worth, and Time WILL tell, "my friend who works at vzw" has leaked me "information" thru out the past 6-7 years with him being right 98-99% of the time. Much of this has been mentioned (above, etc.), but 2.1. which should be out anywhere from tomorrow to a week and a half, being a 2 part upgrade will include Speak to text AND e-mail, as partially mentioned above, Flash, 5 screens which include live wallpaper / background(s) and some other Sound / Dialing enhancements.
    Yes he's my friend, yes, he's been accurate most of the time, but he's human and I, like you guy's will believe it when I see it ! Friend or no friend...


    *I stopped going to a number of forums to get away from the childish "Flaming", but I guess regardless of how you present updates, rumors, hopes, and yes, even " I have a friend at vzw who told me " topics, you still have your *hitheads that their world revolves around "Cell phone" to the degree that they forget or ignore common courteous to others who share the same interests. Grant it, it was a minor Smart**s remark, but was it necessary ? Just give it a thought as your diaper is being changed for beddy bye....
  8. Droid Sensei
    SSHGuru's Avatar
    Member #
    7987
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    3,844
    Liked
    110 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #8
    Stop poking me with that stick!

    Quote Originally Posted by immobile View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SSHGuru View Post
    Sigh.

    Flash won't be out until mid year at the very soonest. So you're "friend" is full of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by immobile View Post
    Yes, this is another well known "My friend who works at vzw told me", but for what it's worth, and Time WILL tell, "my friend who works at vzw" has leaked me "information" thru out the past 6-7 years with him being right 98-99% of the time. Much of this has been mentioned (above, etc.), but 2.1. which should be out anywhere from tomorrow to a week and a half, being a 2 part upgrade will include Speak to text AND e-mail, as partially mentioned above, Flash, 5 screens which include live wallpaper / background(s) and some other Sound / Dialing enhancements.
    Yes he's my friend, yes, he's been accurate most of the time, but he's human and I, like you guy's will believe it when I see it ! Friend or no friend...


    *I stopped going to a number of forums to get away from the childish "Flaming", but I guess regardless of how you present updates, rumors, hopes, and yes, even " I have a friend at vzw who told me " topics, you still have your *hitheads that their world revolves around "Cell phone" to the degree that they forget or ignore common courteous to others who share the same interests. Grant it, it was a minor Smart**s remark, but was it necessary ? Just give it a thought as your diaper is being changed for beddy bye....
  9. Droid Ninja
    LifeIsABeach's Avatar
    Member #
    359
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,290
    Liked
    2 times
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by immobile View Post
    Yes, this is another well known "My friend who works at vzw told me", but for what it's worth, and Time WILL tell, "my friend who works at vzw" has leaked me "information" thru out the past 6-7 years with him being right 98-99% of the time. Much of this has been mentioned (above, etc.), but 2.1. which should be out anywhere from tomorrow to a week and a half, being a 2 part upgrade will include Speak to text AND e-mail, as partially mentioned above, Flash, 5 screens which include live wallpaper / background(s) and some other Sound / Dialing enhancements. Also, like the Nexus One, hopefully we also will be seeing Google Earth - Google Earth Arrives in Android Market for 2.1 | AndroidGuys -

    Yes he's my friend, yes, he's been accurate most of the time, but he's human and I, like you guy's will believe it when I see it ! Friend or no friend...
    Sounds cool. Would love it if 2.1 included all that. No worry about Google Earth. Even if they don't include it in our stock 2.1 it is available in the market.
  10. Droid
    jabro's Avatar
    Member #
    21188
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mira Loma, CA
    Posts
    32
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by immobile View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SSHGuru View Post
    Sigh.

    Flash won't be out until mid year at the very soonest. So you're "friend" is full of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by immobile View Post
    Yes, this is another well known "My friend who works at vzw told me", but for what it's worth, and Time WILL tell, "my friend who works at vzw" has leaked me "information" thru out the past 6-7 years with him being right 98-99% of the time. Much of this has been mentioned (above, etc.), but 2.1. which should be out anywhere from tomorrow to a week and a half, being a 2 part upgrade will include Speak to text AND e-mail, as partially mentioned above, Flash, 5 screens which include live wallpaper / background(s) and some other Sound / Dialing enhancements.
    Yes he's my friend, yes, he's been accurate most of the time, but he's human and I, like you guy's will believe it when I see it ! Friend or no friend...


    *I stopped going to a number of forums to get away from the childish "Flaming", but I guess regardless of how you present updates, rumors, hopes, and yes, even " I have a friend at vzw who told me " topics, you still have your *hitheads that their world revolves around "Cell phone" to the degree that they forget or ignore common courteous to others who share the same interests. Grant it, it was a minor Smart**s remark, but was it necessary ? Just give it a thought as your diaper is being changed for beddy bye....


    LoL.... how was he flaming you? He was only stating a part of what your oft-mentioned "friend who works from Verizon" was wrong on one part so people won't take it as it might happen. I mean, he didn't even mention that your "friend who works at Verizon" only stated things that have been confirmed for what seems like forever now. You're the one actually flaming with the remarks and name-calling.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Needs MORE Calendar features
    By aarondamm27 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-03-2011, 11:10 AM
  2. Large print alternatives to google docs on droid
    By CBLJazz in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-02-2010, 04:22 AM
  3. DroidRootPro's new features
    By JhankG in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-31-2010, 10:37 AM
  4. Forum features question
    By cyber3d in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-27-2010, 11:30 PM
  5. 2.1 features ?
    By halfam in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-14-2010, 12:43 AM

Search tags for this page

better alternatives for stock 2.1 apps

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+