DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Worst app ever Google Play Store!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID BIONIC

Worst app ever Google Play Store!

Unfortunately after years of using the Android market/Google Play Store I have had enough of their crap! Isn't Google essentially the creator of Android? Then why can't they fix this store that has had some of the same issues since at least the last 4 years! Google should be ashamed to put their name on this app. If you have an issue with there app development who can you let know? I haven't seen an email to leave them a message. So I will put it all here.
    Since forever, after you search for apps and scroll down about 200 results looking around, if you happen to rotate your screen you loose your spot and get sent back to the top of the search results! After all these years, you can't effin fix this??? Really??? Come on Google! This is basics!
    I have also had the issue with not getting all the search results I should. Stupid!
    BTW I love your newest feature under "my apps" - "All". Who's idea was this?? Really? Do you think I really care about every single app I ever downloaded in the past 4 yrs?? Wow, thats such a useful feature! Out of all the useful features you could have brought to the store, this is one of your first? How about giving us more SEARCH options like paid only or highest rated or newest? How about a better search engine?
    What happend to the "my paid apps" section? Wasn't that useful?? I think so!!
    How about a refund for those apps I paid for that are for whatever reason no longer in existence in your store? Yup, I'm sure I'm pushing it on this one, but I did pay for it and should still be available to me whether it's still supported or not.
    I just love your newest feature yet though! When you search for an app and looking through the results, if you happen to choose one to check it out then hit the back button, your sent back to the top of the search results! This is the best one yet! There is nothing like being afraid to check out an app because it might suck, and you know you going to get sent back to the top of the 1000 result search when your 500 in deep. I'm sure the devs love that feature too. I might just skip their app because I'm afraid to check it out.
    I'm done ranting I guess.
    GOOGLE GET YOUR STORE WORKING!!!
    IT'S A DISGRACE TO THE ANDROID COMMUNITY!!

0x48 0x65 0x6c 0x70 0x20 0x6d 0x65 0x21 0x21
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Twitter
    @listen2theman92
    Phone
    Rooted DROID RAZR
    I agree with a lot of this. I also want to add that I hate how I will open the Play store and the main page loads, then I start typing in the search bar and the page reloads and I have to retype it all

Sent from my DROID RAZR
    -Brad
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID BIONIC
    Yea. I know that one also. A few bugs right?

0x48 0x65 0x6c 0x70 0x20 0x6d 0x65 0x21 0x21
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Twitter
    srvctec
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    It's for all these issues you mentioned that I usually do all my app research from my computer so I won't have to deal with it. It IS a joke that a search engine company can't build an app with a search engine that's worth a darn.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 using Tapatalk 2.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    MaXX
    I agree with a lot of this, but I actually like the all apps page. I might not remember the name of an app that I previously used, but I will recognize it when I see it.
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Twitter
    @listen2theman92
    Phone
    Rooted DROID RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by BaSHa View Post
    I agree with a lot of this, but I actually like the all apps page. I might not remember the name of an app that I previously used, but I will recognize it when I see it.
    True, but they should have atleast kept the page with all the apps purchased.
    -Brad
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by srvctec
    It's for all these issues you mentioned that I usually do all my app research from my computer so I won't have to deal with it. It IS a joke that a search engine company can't build an app with a search engine that's worth a darn.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 using Tapatalk 2.
    This!! I do the same...most of the time i just search the apk online and move it to my phone.
  8. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Have to say I'm in total agreement here! I abhor that when I leave the list to cheek out an app, I can't go back to the list where I left off. I have to start back at the beginning. I don't know if a single app with lists that does that.

And I hate their all apps organization. Put my currently installed apps at the top, my purchased apps next and my uninstalled apps last- listed from most recent to oldest.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Twitter
    brucephillips1
    Phone
    HTC Vivid
    Quote Originally Posted by TisMyDroid View Post
    Have to say I'm in total agreement here! I abhor that when I leave the list to cheek out an app, I can't go back to the list where I left off. I have to start back at the beginning. I don't know if a single app with lists that does that.
    This was my pet peeve with iOS and iStore. Google should fix things for no other reason than that.
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    i9300
    Totally agree.
    Question is how do we let them know what we think of their app store.
    I mailed them a description of the 'back to top of the list' bug, hopefully they will take care of that...

Links