DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: MightyText - Send/receive texts through your phone on your computer

1. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member

MightyText - Send/receive texts through your phone on your computer

MightyText has been in beta for awhile, but now it's made its way to a full release. By installing the app in the Play Store and an extension for the browser of your choosing, you can view SMS/MMS messages that are sent to your phone as well as send messages through your phone via the web browser. It all works online, so there's no need to plug your phone into your computer or connect via a local network(like with AirDroid). That's nice because you'll be able to access and send texts even if you forget your phone somewhere.

Personally, I think this is great. If you're in an environment (work, school, etc.) where you really can't pull out your phone to read/send text messages, but you can be on a computer, you're able to read and send instantly. I can see myself using this a lot during long meetings. It's also nice for those times you accidentally forget your phone at home or leave it in the car. So far, it's been working flawlessly for me, with notifications coming through on my computer a split second before they pop up on my phone.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    I just installed it. It looks VERY appealing as bsweetness describes. I will report back with my findings. Thanks, bsweetness for the tip!

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    sony xperia S
    Hi,
    I just found out about this app and I think it's great. I'm a little worry about the security though: what's preventing someone from hacking your google account and sending text message to premium numbers at your expense? I would love to see some kind of security like limiting the access to the web application from a specific IP and limiting the recipients to the ones that are in your phone book, or to some phone number masks that would exclude premium numbers.

Links