Itís a BirdÖ Itís a PlaneÖ Itís SuperSU!
The devs over at XDA are always up to somethingÖ and itís usually something good. Developer Chainfire decided to take the most basic of root access management tools, Superuser (SU), and make it, wellÖ truly super.
If you have rooted your device, you have access to apps that require superuser permissions, and the typical SU gets the job done. But SuperSU adds more functionality, including per-app notifications and temporary unroot.
SuperSU is now available in the Play Store in two flavors, free and pro. Check out the full feature list after the break for the differences.
- Superuser access prompt
- Superuser access logging
- Superuser access notifications
- Per-app notification configuration
- Temporary unroot
- Deep process detection (no more unknowns)
- Works in recovery (no more segfaulting)
- Works when Android isnít properly booted
- Works with non-standard shell locations
- Trusts ADB connection
- Always runs in ghost mode
- Wake on prompt
The Pro version additionally offers:
- OTA survival mode (no guarantees)
- Full color-coded command content logging (input/output/error)
- Per-app logging configuration
- Per-app user override
- PIN protection
Thatís some pretty powerful stuff for those who are rooted. OTA survival mode is worth the $2.49 for the pro version alone. Download the free version or the pro license from the links or QR codes below.