DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Radio Station Apps Questions

  1. GrooveElements's Avatar
    Member #
    32283
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    44
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #1

    Question Radio Station Apps Questions

    So far I only have Pandora installed in my Droid. It was good for a few days but the whole repetetive song selection got annoying. But, besides that I do not know how to change my artist or song type ? For instance how can I change the artist to play other style and type of music other then my original choice ?

    Also so far I was suggested Last FM, Iheartradio, Slacker, and Droidlive. From this list which has the biggest song selections ? Any advantages or disadvantages from any ? Rather then download all and go through the list I figured I'd ask those who have these and what they would recommend for a Trance DJ like myself
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid
    amjacobs1's Avatar
    Member #
    29408
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    35
    #2
    You may want to go to the market place and read the comments of each one. Some are better than others. I chose DroidLive just because it is easy to use. I found all streamers to lose contact temporarily which is irritating and why I use Pandora too. It doesn't lose the stream. If I set up my stations correctly, I don't get too many repeats. Now if I can just fix the loss of the DroidLive stream, it would be perfect. Oh...and the streamers play certain radio stations. You need to find out if that is important to you.
  4. GrooveElements's Avatar
    Member #
    32283
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    44
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by amjacobs1 View Post
    You may want to go to the market place and read the comments of each one. Some are better than others. I chose DroidLive just because it is easy to use. I found all streamers to lose contact temporarily which is irritating and why I use Pandora too. It doesn't lose the stream. If I set up my stations correctly, I don't get too many repeats. Now if I can just fix the loss of the DroidLive stream, it would be perfect. Oh...and the streamers play certain radio stations. You need to find out if that is important to you.
    On Pandora how do you change the artist type and style ? And can you have multiple to toggle in between them all ? Cant figure that out...
  5. Master Droid
    deputc26's Avatar
    Member #
    6714
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    723
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    #4
    Just wait for the droids FM reciever to get enabled
  6. Droid Ninja
    jsh1120's Avatar
    Member #
    13823
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    2,462
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by GrooveElements View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amjacobs1 View Post
    You may want to go to the market place and read the comments of each one. Some are better than others. I chose DroidLive just because it is easy to use. I found all streamers to lose contact temporarily which is irritating and why I use Pandora too. It doesn't lose the stream. If I set up my stations correctly, I don't get too many repeats. Now if I can just fix the loss of the DroidLive stream, it would be perfect. Oh...and the streamers play certain radio stations. You need to find out if that is important to you.
    On Pandora how do you change the artist type and style ? And can you have multiple to toggle in between them all ? Cant figure that out...
    Use Pandora Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio, Find New Music for a more complete user interface. All of my "stations" have been created through the web interface.
  7. Droid Ninja
    LifeIsABeach's Avatar
    Member #
    359
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,290
    Liked
    2 times
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by GrooveElements View Post
    So far I only have Pandora installed in my Droid. It was good for a few days but the whole repetetive song selection got annoying. But, besides that I do not know how to change my artist or song type ? For instance how can I change the artist to play other style and type of music other then my original choice ?

    Also so far I was suggested Last FM, Iheartradio, Slacker, and Droidlive. From this list which has the biggest song selections ? Any advantages or disadvantages from any ? Rather then download all and go through the list I figured I'd ask those who have these and what they would recommend for a Trance DJ like myself
    Pandora and Slacker are stand-alone services which are limited to their playlists. DroidLive, IHeartRadio , and Cherry RPlayer give you access to FM stations from all over the country and streams from all over the world. IHeartRadio is for ClearChannel stations only. You would do best trying out DroidLive and/or Cherry RPlayer.
  8. Droid
    Spyte's Avatar
    Member #
    22817
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    44
    Phone
    Motorola D3
    #7
    Pandora is a little bit different in that they categorize music by their Music Genome Project; essentially categorizing music by different features of a song. For example, the genome for a song called New Millenium by Dream Theater is: Hard rock roots, a subtle use of vocal harmony, varying tempo and time signatures, a clear focus on recording studio production, and heavy syncopation. If you were to use this song to create a radio station in Pandora, the app would choose other songs with these same or similar characteristics. For example, the radio station i created named Symphony X is based off the band of the same name and tends to play Kamelot, Dream Theater, Nightwish, Black Majesty, Dark Moor, etc. However, that station will also play bands i don't like such as Iron Maiden because the sound of Iron Maiden is similar to other bands that i DO like. One of the features i like about Pandora is that you can train it. In essence, telling it what you like and don't like in order to make that station play music that you like all the time. On classic radio apps like Slacker and others you are unable to do that. You can also choose a genre (such as Heavy Metal or Easy Listening) with which to base your radio station.

    To create a new station, press the menu button on your phone and choose create station. At this point, enter the name of a band that you like, or a song that you like, and Pandora will attempt to play songs that all share features with your original choice. On the Web App there is a choice to not play a song for 30 days but I have yet to find that option in the mobile app. That being said, none of the stations i have created repeat songs any more than a traditional radio station does.

    For more reading: Pandora FAQ
  9. Junior Droid
    Beerguy1's Avatar
    Member #
    27791
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    19
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by deputc26 View Post
    Just wait for the droids FM reciever to get enabled
    droid fm tell me more I hate interupted bobandtom from iheartradio

    Cheers
    Mike

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Local radio station app for Droid?
    By JhankG in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 06-16-2013, 11:57 PM
  2. The Official Amateur Radio Apps Thread
    By Harrybub in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-11-2011, 08:31 PM
  3. espn radio apps
    By scubasteve in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-16-2010, 12:43 AM
  4. Need help with Droid Apps and driod vs. iphone questions please.
    By Eternal in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-16-2009, 01:06 PM
  5. A few questions RE apps for file xfer and video playback
    By Zacko in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-14-2009, 02:40 AM

Search tags for this page

can not change genre on pandora for droid
,
change artist pandora android
,
how do i change genre on pandora
,
how do you change artists on pandora for android
,
how do you change genres on pandora
,
how to change artist on pandora android
,

how to change artist on pandora droid

,
how to change artist on pandora for android
,

how to change genre on pandora

,
multiple artists pandora station droid
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+