DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: App for changing the way you answer your phone?

  1. Banned
    Matth3w's Avatar
    Member #
    25413
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fort Huachuca, AZ (Originally from Pittsburgh, PA)
    Posts
    152
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Bugless Beast 2.1 ROM @ 1.1GHz
    #1

    App for changing the way you answer your phone?

    Something small, very lite, very quick, that allows you to not have to slide the thing across to get a phone call?
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Senior Droid
    funken's Avatar
    Member #
    24046
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Aspen, CO
    Posts
    143
    Phone
    DROID
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Matth3w View Post
    Something small, very lite, very quick, that allows you to not have to slide the thing across to get a phone call?
    Let's hope something comes out. Whoever came up with that slider dealio should be fired.
  4. Droid
    Mtig's Avatar
    Member #
    18182
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chino Hills CA
    Posts
    54
    Twitter
    @miketiglio
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #3
    Tru Dat I hate the slider key to pick up and hang up its the worst part of my phone
  5. Junior Droid
    lilybelle's Avatar
    Member #
    13837
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    13
    Phone
    verizon droid
    #4
    I agree the slider is difficult at best - un safe at worst. I am amazed at a phone that does all these amazing things can't be answered easily. Not to mention the fact that it has to be looked at to flash between calls and I mute it all the time if I don't hold it "just so" away from my face. sigh. I'm beginning to think I'm just not smart phone material.
  6. Droid Ninja
    LifeIsABeach's Avatar
    Member #
    359
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,290
    Liked
    2 times
    #5
  7. Senior Droid
    acturbo's Avatar
    Member #
    13500
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    152
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsABeach View Post
    I use mylock and you still need to answer the phone in the same fashion even when mylock is initialized.
  8. Master Droid
    techguru's Avatar
    Member #
    275
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    585
    #7
    I just answer with my bluetooth headset button

    now if google voice would just start using voice recognition on answer so I wouldn't still need to touch the phone to finish answering when someone calls my gv number I would be thrilled.
  9. Droid Sensei
    KZIWarrior's Avatar
    Member #
    21812
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    2,634
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by techguru View Post
    I just answer with my bluetooth headset button

    now if google voice would just start using voice recognition on answer so I wouldn't still need to touch the phone to finish answering when someone calls my gv number I would be thrilled.
    +1 too both... (fyi techguru, I found it easier to just turn off the key-prompt(s) in GV... I just just use the BT button to ignore the call (or for some people in GV just have them always go straight to VM, I never really use(d) the Listen in Feature).

    For anyone wanting/needing a GREAT BT headset and/or BT headphones for CHEAP:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...sale-29-a.html
    Link was still working yesterday. Be sure to use code ACC20 to get them for only $23
    You are right to be wary. There is much bullcrap. Be wary of me too, because I may be wrong. Make up your own mind after you evaluate all the evidence and the logic. - Mark Rippetoe
  10. Rescue Squad
    Jonny Kansas's Avatar
    Member #
    29890
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula
    Posts
    2,684
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    Jonny_Ks
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    #9
    I like the slider, as it keeps me from accidentally answering my phone while pulling it out of my pocket. Just my opinion. Haven't seen any app that claims to change the method of answering the phone though. Sorry!
  11. Senior Droid
    acturbo's Avatar
    Member #
    13500
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    152
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by KZIWarrior View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by techguru View Post
    I just answer with my bluetooth headset button

    now if google voice would just start using voice recognition on answer so I wouldn't still need to touch the phone to finish answering when someone calls my gv number I would be thrilled.
    +1 too both... (fyi techguru, I found it easier to just turn off the key-prompt(s) in GV... I just just use the BT button to ignore the call (or for some people in GV just have them always go straight to VM, I never really use(d) the Listen in Feature).

    For anyone wanting/needing a GREAT BT headset and/or BT headphones for CHEAP:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...sale-29-a.html
    Link was still working yesterday. Be sure to use code ACC20 to get them for only $23
    Same headset is $18 with free shipping at newegg.com.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. I don't want to slide to answer a call or unlock phone
    By mgaudio87 in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 12-24-2010, 07:00 PM
  2. Apps call, but will your phone answer?
    By RLJSlick in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 03:00 PM
  3. Phone Echo when I answer it?
    By wkndfun in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-28-2009, 12:48 PM
  4. Can't I answer the phone with a button
    By bspill in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-18-2009, 04:15 PM
  5. Can anyone help with changing the phone back to english?
    By Big D in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-13-2009, 10:55 PM

Search tags for this page

android app that changehow to answer phone
,
app to change how i answer my phone
,

change the way you answer calls on android

,
change the way you answer on android
,
change way answer phone android
,
how to change answer mode on android
,
how to change call answering mode on android
,

how to change the way you answer your android

,
how to change the way you answer your android phone
,

how to change the way you answer your iphone

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+