DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: looking to make phone ring and vibrate

  1. Droid Newbie
    shaq27's Avatar
    Member #
    30458
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #1

    looking to make phone ring and vibrate

    I cant make my phone ring and vibrate at the same time when recieving a notification. Any ideas?
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Master Droid
    TxDoc's Avatar
    Member #
    3446
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    283
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    XT1080M
    #2
    You can go thru menu, sound and display or use an app like ring toggle.

    Ring Toggle v1.2.0 Application for Android | Tools

    It lets you simply tap on bell icon and chose any combination of ring, vibrate, both or silent, and then it automatically returns you previous screen.
  4. Droid Newbie
    shaq27's Avatar
    Member #
    30458
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #3
    It works with incoming calls but not with notification even with sound manager. maybe i am doing something wrong
  5. Senior Droid
    vpshockwave's Avatar
    Member #
    16076
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    164
    Phone
    Droid
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by shaq27 View Post
    It works with incoming calls but not with notification even with sound manager. maybe i am doing something wrong
    There may not be an option in the Sound/Display for vibrate on notification, but I think pretty much every notification has an individual vibrate option within itself. For example, you want to vibrate when you get an email in gmail. Go into gmail settings --> turn on vibrate. Same with SMS, etc.
  6. Premium Member
    Sam's Avatar
    Member #
    16
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    dirty dirty
    Posts
    3,471
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by vpshockwave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shaq27 View Post
    It works with incoming calls but not with notification even with sound manager. maybe i am doing something wrong
    There may not be an option in the Sound/Display for vibrate on notification, but I think pretty much every notification has an individual vibrate option within itself. For example, you want to vibrate when you get an email in gmail. Go into gmail settings --> turn on vibrate. Same with SMS, etc.
    right. there's not one vibrate option for everything (in one place), you have to go to whatever you want to vibrate and tell it to do so.
    -Respect is rule #1
    -Email us at DroidForumPromo@gmail to become a Supporting Vendor.
    -Not around as often as I used to be... Still, feel free to PM me if there is anything I can help with!
  7. Senior Droid
    vpshockwave's Avatar
    Member #
    16076
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    164
    Phone
    Droid
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vpshockwave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shaq27 View Post
    It works with incoming calls but not with notification even with sound manager. maybe i am doing something wrong
    There may not be an option in the Sound/Display for vibrate on notification, but I think pretty much every notification has an individual vibrate option within itself. For example, you want to vibrate when you get an email in gmail. Go into gmail settings --> turn on vibrate. Same with SMS, etc.
    right. there's not one vibrate option for everything (in one place), you have to go to whatever you want to vibrate and tell it to do so.
    And let's be honest, this is a great thing. One of the best things about Android: Customization.
  8. Premium Member
    Sam's Avatar
    Member #
    16
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    dirty dirty
    Posts
    3,471
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    #7
    so, from your home, hit the menu button, tap settings, tap sound and display, and the option is the 5th one down
    -Respect is rule #1
    -Email us at DroidForumPromo@gmail to become a Supporting Vendor.
    -Not around as often as I used to be... Still, feel free to PM me if there is anything I can help with!
  9. Senior Droid
    vpshockwave's Avatar
    Member #
    16076
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    164
    Phone
    Droid
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    so, from your home, hit the menu button, tap settings, tap sound and display, and the option is the 5th one down
    That's only for calls -- He's talking about notifications.
  10. Premium Member
    Sam's Avatar
    Member #
    16
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    dirty dirty
    Posts
    3,471
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    #9
    OH! my bad... i missed that part... then do this.. if you are using the native app, open said app, hit the menu button, tap settings, scroll to the bottom (it's the last one)
    -Respect is rule #1
    -Email us at DroidForumPromo@gmail to become a Supporting Vendor.
    -Not around as often as I used to be... Still, feel free to PM me if there is anything I can help with!
  11. Droid
    Mr Steve's Avatar
    Member #
    17413
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Tampa, Fla
    Posts
    75
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    OH! my bad... i missed that part... then do this.. if you are using the native app, open said app, hit the menu button, tap settings, scroll to the bottom (it's the last one)
    Yep, I've got four Gmail accounts. All four sync, but only two trip the notfication sound and LED. The other two I check at my leisure. You do have to go into EACH account and set the notification parameters.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. How to make phone vibrate on every alert?
    By Bruin54 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 08:18 PM
  2. Vibrate then ring?
    By cchhiipp in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-23-2009, 08:04 AM
  3. Vibrate and Ring
    By TruK in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-16-2009, 04:14 AM
  4. I want control over notifications and ring/vibrate by type...
    By FrankH in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-15-2009, 04:09 PM
  5. Ring & Vibrate?
    By estochin in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-30-2009, 01:46 PM

Search tags for this page

android ring and vibrate

,

android vibrate and ring

,
android vibrate and ring same time
,
android vibrate ring
,
android vibrate when ringing
,
droid ring and vibrate
,
how to make android phone ring and vibrate
,

ring and vibrate android

,

vibrate and ring android

,
vibrate and ring on android
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+