DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Security apps question

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3

Security apps question

Okay so I've seen the reviews and posts about Mobile Defense and Wave Secure. But I've not been able to find an answer (even from their FAQs) for what, to me at least is one a major question... Does a Hard Reset (Factory Reset) wipe these programs off the phone (essentially making them useless)??

From there I guess it should also be asked if should you manage to lock your phone first will their 'locks' disable a Factory Reset??

Otherwise, IMHO seems like these are a bit of 'false' security. Thanks for any help.

PS. not to sound like an a$$ but actual facts or data please. We can 'speculate' on the issue all day. Yes I realize that means someone will probably have to experiment and I'll be happy to do so if noone else has yet. Figured I'd ask first as someone has likely done so already.
    You are right to be wary. There is much bullcrap. Be wary of me too, because I may be wrong. Make up your own mind after you evaluate all the evidence and the logic. - Mark Rippetoe

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Regarding Mobile Defense and surviving a factory wipe, please see the following discussion thread: http://support.mobiledefense.com/vie...pid=2497#p2497

If you have questions or are experiencing issues with Mobile Defense, please visit our official support forums for further assistance. http://support.mobiledefense.com

Best Regards,

Ken Adair
    Mobile Defense
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Adair View Post
    Regarding Mobile Defense and surviving a factory wipe, please see the following discussion thread: Protection against a factory wipe? (Page 1) - Suggestions and Feature Requests - Mobile Defense

If you have questions or are experiencing issues with Mobile Defense, please visit our official support forums for further assistance. Mobile Defense

Best Regards,

Ken Adair
    Mobile Defense
    Thank you for the link. It has become a moot point however because MD will not register on my phone (I have SMS disabled to avoid paying for spam messages) so I have had to switch to Wave Secure. Thanks you again for your response. If you all get the factory wipe solved (and/or offer a way to activate w/o TXTing I'll be back).
    Last edited by KZIWarrior; 01-24-2010 at 01:54 PM.
    You are right to be wary. There is much bullcrap. Be wary of me too, because I may be wrong. Make up your own mind after you evaluate all the evidence and the logic. - Mark Rippetoe

Links