DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Screenshot app?

1. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Let's play nice or not at all.....
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Quote Originally Posted by mikespe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post

Which Java download do we choose? Thanks
    You need this one:
    JDK 6 Update 18 with Java EE
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    incredible HTC droid
    Quote Originally Posted by gotta have that funk View Post
    like what? im intrigued now. what could you possibly want in a screenshot app? drocap caps the screen you're on and saves it to its own folder...why do you need more than that?
    i haven't used drocap a lot so maybe i don't really know how to use it that well.

on the blackberry you could add the screen cap app to your menu then access it from any screen and take a shot.boom your done.

with drocap you can open the drocap app,start,then navigate to the screen you want to capture then take the shot.or have the icon always sitting in your task bar...which i don't want...or do the shake thing which i'm not a fan of.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    i keep drocap at timer trigger until i use it. when i wanna screencap i change it to notification. when im done screencapping i switch it back to timer and back out.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    incredible HTC droid
    i keep drocap at timer trigger until i use it. when i wanna screencap i change it to notification. when im done screencapping i switch it back to timer and back out.
    it would be nice to have an option to put it in notification,then when you take the sreencap it automatically closes out of the notifications.
  6. Premium Member
    Member #
    Phone
    MoDroid
    Premium Member
    And why dont we have an app for non-rooted users? And I mean an app that will let me cap any screen and not just homescreens like Home++.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    worst UI? you pick which way you want it to cap...pick notification...open notification bar and tap the trigger. boom, screenshot. what more do you need?

or you could always just keep crying about something you already have the solution to..
    Yeah, worst UI. You obviously just don't get where I'm coming from so, seriously, your input is not at all needed.
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    drocap2 doesn't even really have a UI.....and it doesn't need one for what it is

9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Jesus, why must everyone argue with me? I already said the app sucks and if you don't agree you never will (it's a fundamental difference in our opinions of what an app should be like), but I'll humor you.

#1) Fact: I don't like drocap2. I asked if there's another option. If there is, you can be helpful by telling me. Trying to convince me I should like drocap2 is a waste of time.

#2) I just opened drocap2. Here is what I see:
    A button that says "Start"
    Randomly placed text that says "ShakeTrig" Why? I get that you can take a screenshot by shaking it. What does "ShakeTrig" indicate?
    A greyed out button that says "Cancel"

If I click start, it starts beeping and counting. The beeps seem like they should be coinciding with the counting, but they are completely irregular and useless. Counting to what? Who knows. If I push the camera button, it'll take a screenshot. If I shake it, it might take a screenshot.

My timer is at 89 now, and nothing has happened.

I clicked on Menu->Info, and I see the guy barely speaks english. That's fine, but when you make your app 100% unintuitive, being able to explain how it works is important. In the info, there is no indication of why it says "ShakeTrig." It says it'll take a screenshot if you "wait for timer," but it gives no indication of how long that takes. It also says "You can also make a capture trigger from Notification bar." What the hell does that mean?

In the settings, I see there is a "Capture mode" option, with shake, timer and notification options. Mine is set to shake, so why is the timer running?

All of these ambiguity and ugly design would be passable, but half the time the screenshot ends up looking like a different screen than I'm looking at when I take the shot. I might be able to figure out why if it wasn't a terribly written app, but I can't even tell how it's supposed to work.

So I'll ask again. Is there another screenshot app that works on the Droid?
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I'm using an app (again, for rooted phones) called ShootMe. It's free, and it does the same thing - launch the app, click start, and then as long as it is running, a sustained shake will take a screenshot (with shutter noise). Seems to work just fine.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Links