DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Moto Phone Portal - Droid to PC Media Sync(and More) via WiFi

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Nexus Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by 928Droid View Post
    I have never tried it before until now, but you can even delete individual Phone calls from the Phone Call log..very handy for those guys/girls trying to hide certain calls recieved or placed :-) You can also do the same thing with individual Web Browsing History records.
    I'll bet Tiger Woods wished he had this app!!
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick177th View Post
    question, the only thing I've d/l'd other than apps from the android mkt was the gallery for 2.1. I just d/l'd zip viewer to open the MPP.zip. it is only giving me options to open it to my SD card. I know we can't run apps from our SD cards unless the phone is rooted. I'm not rooted. what the hell do I do now? Yes, yes, I know I'm a newbie. can someone walk me through what I'm supposed to do?
    Are you running Windows on your PC? Your best bet would be to download the zip file to your desktop, unzip it on your PC and take the unzipped APK file and copy it to your SD card on the Droid. Then use a file manager like Astro to install it. Seems like just about everyone reporting problems with installing this is trying to unzip it on the Droid. No need to do that. You know how to move a file to your SD card, right? Download Astro from the market in order to then view all the files on your SD card, double tap it when you find it through Astro and you'll have the option to install.

If what I said doesn't seem to make sense to you, post back with exactly what you need clarified and we'll take it from there
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyTime View Post
    Ahhh, has anyone figured out how to run this over USB? I'm at work and wanting to play with it, but don't have access to WiFi here. When you start the program, it says you must connect over USB or turn on WiFi. So I'm assuming it can be run somehow from USB.

I've tried with the phone mounted and unmounted, but no luck.

I want to play!!!!!!
    Me too! The app says it works using USB or WiFi, but it will only proceed if WiFi is connected.

Has anybody been successful with USB?
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Installed app and it does work, but i found when using firefox the tab for managing files will not display, if i use IE the tab does show and works fine. firefox 3.57
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkB View Post
    Interesting, I get the File Manager tab in Internet Explorer, but not in Firefox or Chrome. Probably the only reason I have to use Internet Explorer at this point!
    Yep other than this part ^^ this is pretty sweet.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    I could not get IE 8 to access the phone. When I switched to Chrome it worked fine. Pretty cool app.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I just downloaded and tried out this app. It's pretty sweet. I like that you can open up bookmarks from your phone through your computer, sort of like being able to carry your bookmarks with you. Being able to change settings such as wallpapers and ring tones is nice too. The only thing that I don't get is why do you really need this app? I guess the best thing would be to transfer your pictures to your computer but there is no way to sync them all at once, only one at a time.

I'm not knocking this app, just giving my opinion. I plan on playing around with it a little more to see what I can all do.

Thanks for the heads-up!!
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Verizon Droid
    question, the only thing I've d/l'd other than apps from the android mkt was the gallery for 2.1. I just d/l'd zip viewer to open the MPP.zip. it is only giving me options to open it to my SD card. I know we can't run apps from our SD cards unless the phone is rooted. I'm not rooted. what the hell do I do now? Yes, yes, I know I'm a newbie. can someone walk me through what I'm supposed to do?
    Are you running Windows on your PC? Your best bet would be to download the zip file to your desktop, unzip it on your PC and take the unzipped APK file and copy it to your SD card on the Droid. Then use a file manager like Astro to install it. Seems like just about everyone reporting problems with installing this is trying to unzip it on the Droid. No need to do that. You know how to move a file to your SD card, right? Download Astro from the market in order to then view all the files on your SD card, double tap it when you find it through Astro and you'll have the option to install.

If what I said doesn't seem to make sense to you, post back with exactly what you need clarified and we'll take it from there
    I figured it out Marc. Thanks for your reply. I was thinking that since the file was saved to the SD card that it would try to "run" from the SD card. I d/l'd astro and it installed it and it runs perfectly. Thanks again.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

You don't need to unzip it on your computer. All you need to do it place it on the root folder of your phones SD card (you need to save it with .zip at the end unless your on Vista/7). Open up Astro File Manager, go to the Home folder (this is your root folder) and click on the .zip file you saved to open the app. Click on it again, then hit "Open App Manager." You should see an install button after this. You need to make sure you have allowed unknown sources to install on your phone. This is done under Settings>Applications>check box labeled "Unknown Sources."
    Last edited by lschmitt; 01-19-2010 at 09:43 PM.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Verizon Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by lschmitt View Post

You don't need to unzip it on your computer. All you need to do it place it on the root folder of your phones SD card (you need to save it with .zip at the end unless your on Vista/7). Open up Astro File Manager, go to the Home folder (this is your root folder) and click on the .zip file you saved to open the app. Click on it again, then hit "Open App Manager." You should see an install button after this. You need to make sure you have allowed unknown sources to install on your phone. This is done under Settings>Applications>check box labeled "Unknown Sources."
    Got it. Thanks.
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Links