DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Simple Exercise/Running/Cycling Log

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic

Simple Exercise/Running/Cycling Log

I am looking for a simple exercise log application. The ones I have looked at all seem to want to track my exercise using GPS etc. I just want to be able to enter the data onto my droid and it would be great if it also synched up to something online.

Does anyone know of such an app or am I being too simplistic? :-)

Thanks
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid running Ultimate
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo95 View Post
    I am looking for a simple exercise log application. The ones I have looked at all seem to want to track my exercise using GPS etc. I just want to be able to enter the data onto my droid and it would be great if it also synched up to something online.

Thanks

I would do a search for exercise or fitness in the market. When I was looking for apps it seems like there was something like what you were looking for, but did not get good reviews.

I personally use Gymbook (great app for weight workouts and I highly recommend this if you do use weights) and I track my cardio and diet with absolute fitness.

Probably not what you are looking for, but it might fit for some things. Gymbook has been great for my workouts. No more paper trails, or looking back and forth at my previous workouts to see where I need to go. This thing tracks all of that and has it right at your fingertips.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by mjs31 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo95 View Post

Thanks

I would do a search for exercise or fitness in the market. When I was looking for apps it seems like there was something like what you were looking for, but did not get good reviews.

I personally use Gymbook (great app for weight workouts and I highly recommend this if you do use weights) and I track my cardio and diet with absolute fitness.

Probably not what you are looking for, but it might fit for some things. Gymbook has been great for my workouts. No more paper trails, or looking back and forth at my previous workouts to see where I need to go. This thing tracks all of that and has it right at your fingertips.
    Thanks. I use Calorie counter for the absolute fitness functions which has been pretty good. I did search and found a number of exercise logs but they all seem to want to do a GPS track. Just found one called FitSync, I might give this a try and see how it works out.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I used EveryTrail before on my blackberry I found the same application on the market place. It was very handy to have when I went on my long bike rides.

You also should register at the website to manage your routes much easier.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by xxraffyxx View Post
    I used EveryTrail before on my blackberry I found the same application on the market place. It was very handy to have when I went on my long bike rides.

You also should register at the website to manage your routes much easier.
    will check it out, thanks. Seems to have a lot of instability issues according to the reviews.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    CardioTrainer works with or without GPS (including a pedometer), lets you enter a variety of exercises manually, and syncs online to both their website and Facebook if you want.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by delaen View Post
    CardioTrainer works with or without GPS (including a pedometer), lets you enter a variety of exercises manually, and syncs online to both their website and Facebook if you want.
    I'll try this again, I installed it but didnt spend a lot of time on it because I thought you could only do the GPS exercise.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    jog tracker works well for me
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    If you are just running I believe what I use is called Runstar. It works great, no F/C very intuitive and easily accessed.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    OK, I still havent found an app that can do this simple function of simply logging my runs, cycle rides etc. I just want to be able to go in after the fact and log my distances. Currently using an excel.

Every app suggested so far wants to do a GPS track except for CardioTrainer but it still wants to do "live" tracking which I dont want.

Help please!!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links