DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with App storage

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus

Problem with App storage

I am having a weird problem that I have never seen before so I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction to fix it. Anytime I try to download an app from the market it says I have insufficient phone storage. Which is partially true but I have most of my apps on my Sd card and the contents of my data app folder only add up to be 80mbs but it says I am using 245mbs. I don't even have close to enough apps to eat up that space like it says I am. Anyone seen this issue before and possibly have a remedy for it.

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.
    Anytime someone dares me to walk a mile in their shoes I do it! Because, hey free shoes and I am now a mile away from that person!

Hatred is by far the ugliest trait any human can possess (think about it)

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Gotta bump this, this issue is very annoying.

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.
    Anytime someone dares me to walk a mile in their shoes I do it! Because, hey free shoes and I am now a mile away from that person!

4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Use an app to see what's using up your internal storage. Most people seem to overlook that fact that data for apps uses internal storage by default.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Have you tried to force close and clear settings on Market. It might be hosed up and need to be reset.
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Thanks for the input guys. I cleared dalvik cache and that freed up about 30mbs right there but I still only have about 10 apps left on the phone storage and it is using 210mbs, that seems very high to me.

7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr HD (Rooted 4.1.1)
    So I was having a problem with this sort of thing a bit ago. I had more than enough room for storage and the low disc space notification was constant. In desperation I looked for help on the HTC website and I found a forum thread saying that some native HTC apps junk up the memory cache. You just have to clear the data and it should take care of it. I found that the Facebook app seems to be one of the main culprits so I'd start there. Once you clear the data you have to sign in again but that's cake for getting your phone back. If that fails HTC recommends a factory reset but that would be last resort I'm sure.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2.2 using the DroidForums app
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr HD (Rooted 4.1.1)
    Oh I forgot, I don't know if yours is HTC or not. But I'd still try it anyway. It's a simple solution that worked great for me.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2.2 using the DroidForums app
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Gotta bring this back up cause this issue is literally driving me insane. I literally have like 6 apps left that aren't on my SD card and I am still getting low memory messages. How is this even possible? I clear dalvik cache and that solves the issue for like an hour or so but sure enough the stupid little memory icon pops back up and screams at me that I have low memory and self esteem problems. I don't understand how 6 apps are somehow consuming all of the memory available on the d1 internal storage.

10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTenderRebel View Post
    Gotta bring this back up cause this issue is literally driving me insane. I literally have like 6 apps left that aren't on my SD card and I am still getting low memory messages. How is this even possible? I clear dalvik cache and that solves the issue for like an hour or so but sure enough the stupid little memory icon pops back up and screams at me that I have low memory and self esteem problems. I don't understand how 6 apps are somehow consuming all of the memory available on the d1 internal storage.
    Delete the file ".android.secure" from the sdcard. Don't worry, Android will recreate this file immediately. If this doesn't solve the problem, go to Menu/Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/All/Market/Clear Data. I've had success with both these methods on my OGD. That phone is still running strong and my wife uses it every day.

Good luck.
    Baton Rouge, LA
  11. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Thank you, still didn't do the trick though. I have to imagine that even after moving apps to SD card that data is left behind. There has to be apps that appear to be on the SD card but are still somehow using the phone's storage, just a complete guess though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links