My wife's info was the only one of my contacts that wouldn't sync with FB. I went into FB and did the click on picture and edit contact info in there. I noticed it didnt have her number listed there so I added it. I went into my droid contacts and it still wasnt syncing so I deleted the contact in the droid contacts and re-added it and it started syncing.
So maybe try putting their numbers in the FB contact info and then delete the droid contact that isnt syncing and re-adding it. It was instantly updated with her status and profile pic.
I've had the same issue and was able to get it all worked out with a little diligence. It seems like somehow certain contacts are treated differently...randomly. So theres a few ways around this...
- Select the contact - Click menu to edit contact - Press menu button again - Select Join (This is where it was acting somewhat strange and sometimes not showing me any options to add the contact to another. But this did work for most of them flawlessly, combining whichever contacts together you wish.)
Sometimes trying the other duplicate, facebook contact instead of native phone contact when choosing which to edit, would give me different results when attempting to add them together. And also closing the contacts page rebooting and trying again worked when i thought there was no hope for the last stragglers that wouldn't combine together.
Another option that seemed to work was to choose to your facebook contact - Click the menu button to edit - Menu again and then select New Contact - From here youre given the typical new contact stuff to fill in and when finished its added to the contact page you started with.
- In trying to sort this all out i deleted a facebook contact, it gave me something about how i cant really delete this from a read only list, and instead it will be hidden. Since ive done this i cant find anyway to show these hidden contacts. Any clues on this?
I had an issues with joining contacts too but I found a solution joining Facebook with regular contacts. Here's what I did:
1. Select contact you want to join (NOT the Facebook contact)
2. Edit that contact
3. CHANGE that contacts name COMEPLETELY.
Ex) "John Smith" gets changed to "fjgjgv ekvjgf". (It doesn't matter what the contacts name gets changed to. It will only be temporary)
4) Click done (It will save the contact info under the new temporary name)
5) Navigate to the temporary contact and edit it again.
6) In edit you may NOW join the the contact with whatever contact you want (In this case you will be joining it with the proper Facebook contact you want.)
7) After joining the contact you want, go to the temporary name and change it back to the original name.
There you go. I hope this helps anyone that wants to sync their contacts with facebook contacts. I apologize if anything is unclear. I am typing all this on my Droid so bare with me. If you have questions or a certain step was unclear, feel free to ask =)
Last edited by DroidBoy22; 11-22-2009 at 02:52 AM.