DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Hiding the notification bar..looking at you home replacement app devs!!!

  1. Droid
    NeutronBomb's Avatar
    Member #
    15686
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Waldorf, MD
    Posts
    55
    Phone
    Incredible- Soon to be Droid X
    #1

    Hiding the notification bar..looking at you home replacement app devs!!!

    I've grown accustomed to being able to hide the notification bar on home++. I don't care much for the power strip...well I would if I could customize it more but that's another thread.

    Anyway... if anyone has any contact with some of the home replacement dev apps like GDE or dxtop or panda or sweeter home pass it along... People like to be able to hide the notification bar. Especially on the droid where we can't change the color and we're stuck with that white bar on top.

    Maybe it's nitpicky but after using home++ for the last 3 weeks or so every day I know it's possible. I would probably use GDE every day if I could hide the notification bar. I started messing with sweeter home and I liked the options but the ugly notification bar kills it for me. Maybe I'm just weird but my screen feels so much cleaner/larger with the bar hidden.


    So yeah... long story short.. please add this feature to other home replacement apps and me love you long time.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid
    NeutronBomb's Avatar
    Member #
    15686
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Waldorf, MD
    Posts
    55
    Phone
    Incredible- Soon to be Droid X
    #2
    Bump. Anyone else?
  4. Super Moderator
    Martin030908's Avatar
    Member #
    248
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    8,836
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    #3
    I'd like to see this feature as a stand alone app. With 2.1 coming I have no desire to go back to a Home replacement. I just want the auto hide feature back from Home++.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Guchi's Avatar
    Member #
    15045
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,074
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    #4
    without the powerbar how would you acess the hidden notification bar?
  6. Droid Ninja
    640k's Avatar
    Member #
    565
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,124
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #5
    personally, i like to see if i have service, a wifi connection and the status of my battery. maybe if the bar was completely transparent, as if those icons were part of the desktop it would be OK, but I liken hiding the notification bar to hiding your windows task bar...
  7. Super Moderator
    Martin030908's Avatar
    Member #
    248
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    8,836
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Guchi View Post
    without the powerbar how would you acess the hidden notification bar?
    Widget maybe? 1x1 icon? I just liked how clean the screen looked without the notification bar.
    The notification bar was only hid on the home screen, as soon as you opened any app the notification bar was back.
  8. Senior Droid
    jbsangel's Avatar
    Member #
    26722
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    214
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #7
    the notification bar is easily accessible by pressing the menu softkey on the homescreen.

    i too actually like having the notifcation bar, but I wouldn't mind it being skinnable and/or transparent as suggested. My main apps I get notifications from (messaging, email, newsrob, calendar, astrid) are all on my homescreen and seeing the notification allows me to 1-click run the app that is notifying me. But in order to truly 1-click, i need to be able to see what is notifying me, especially when on vibrate so i can't hear my different tones that i have set up.
    Last edited by jbsangel; 01-14-2010 at 01:29 PM.
  9. Senior Droid
    DurangoJim's Avatar
    Member #
    413
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    137
    Phone
    Droid
    #8
    I think it would be cool if the bar was transparent, but if you moved your finger in that area it would fade in showing the info. I have no idea how it could be done, but it would be cool if it could be.
  10. Droid Ninja
    cupfulloflol's Avatar
    Member #
    12086
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,898
    Liked
    65 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #9
    I would love some way to hide the notification bar. I have a replacement, or something along those lines for almost everything up there. Clock, battery, ring state of phone, missed call, message in inbox all have been semi-replaced in one way or another.

    Currently I can only think of a few things I really "need" my notification bar for, see cell reception and data transfering (3g). Updates available, if I haven't checked myself, and their download status (complete...etc). At the home screen I would only be 2 button presses away from seeing those things, and in most apps where they matter the notification bar is enabled anyhow.

    I understand why people like the notification bar, but it really serves very little purpose in my usage. And would much prefer to have what seems like a larger desktop.

    Quote Originally Posted by DurangoJim View Post
    I think it would be cool if the bar was transparent, but if you moved your finger in that area it would fade in showing the info. I have no idea how it could be done, but it would be cool if it could be.
    That would be pretty cool.
  11. Droid Newbie
    charfuer's Avatar
    Member #
    111657
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #10

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by NeutronBomb View Post
    I've grown accustomed to being able to hide the notification bar on home++. I don't care much for the power strip...well I would if I could customize it more but that's another thread.

    Anyway... if anyone has any contact with some of the home replacement dev apps like GDE or dxtop or panda or sweeter home pass it along... People like to be able to hide the notification bar. Especially on the droid where we can't change the color and we're stuck with that white bar on top.

    Maybe it's nitpicky but after using home++ for the last 3 weeks or so every day I know it's possible. I would probably use GDE every day if I could hide the notification bar. I started messing with sweeter home and I liked the options but the ugly notification bar kills it for me. Maybe I'm just weird but my screen feels so much cleaner/larger with the bar hidden.


    So yeah... long story short.. please add this feature to other home replacement apps and me love you long time.

    Agreed...I love the look af the app drawer with Panda..but if I could merge Panda, Go and Launcher Pro...I would be happy!!!

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. [Home Replacement App] Sweeter Home public Beta is out!!
    By JonKyu in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 335
    Last Post: 04-14-2010, 01:22 AM
  2. best home screen replacement app?
    By bgreen82 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 10:19 PM
  3. Home Replacement
    By zparrish in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-20-2009, 11:49 PM
  4. Anyone using Apporganizer over a Home Replacement
    By sillyrabbitt123 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-09-2009, 10:14 PM
  5. 2.0 compatible Home Replacement?
    By DanielC in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-10-2009, 07:36 PM

Search tags for this page

android auto hide notification bar

,
android auto hide status bar
,
android hide notification bar
,

android notification bar replacement

,
android notification replacement
,

auto hide android notification bar

,

auto hide notification bar android

,

auto hide status bar android

,
hide notification bar
,
notification bar replacement android
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+