DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last.FM just screwed me/us over

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    BackSeatSuicide
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy Note 3

Last.FM just screwed me/us over

I've been using Last.fm since the first month it was launched back in 06' or 07'. Was one of the first 100 users and now after years and years of being loyal and getting a ton of my friends and family and other random people I've met over the years to join last.FM and once android came out I got everyone I kno to use them over Pandora. After all that, they hit me with a 3.00 per month subscription starting may 18th! I am friggin peeved. Everything turns into being about money. They have so much advertising and have good profit reportings from what I've read over the years so there is no need for this. They just lost me and a **** ton of other people as users. Pandora here I come!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
    Last edited by Backnblack; 05-09-2011 at 11:19 AM.
    Verizon has been screwing the dev. community for years. The petition works, That step begins here https://www.change.org/petitions/kwo...-3-bootloaders

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    See my sig, silly!
    How were you notified? Isn't worth subscribing to if that's the way they're going.
    Droid Razr
    Custom Dialers for D1
    My broken glass icons: Broken Icons | Android Logo Icons (in progress): Android Icons

4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    BackSeatSuicide
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy Note 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim 777 View Post
    How were you notified? Isn't worth subscribing to if that's the way they're going.
    Just got an email last nite saying my trial was up, and I was never aware I was on a trial so I was like, "wtf" lol its only for business the radio feature on android devices and iphone/ipod its still free on PC but I mostly use it on my Droid X and I already have enough subscriptions I don't need one for internet radio that should be free no matter what. They have made it free for years and so to just do this out of no where is crap. Pandora is what I'm gonna have to use. It makes me sad cause like I said I was one of the first 100 users and so I have a long history with last.FM but it was all for nothing. Bastards

Verizon has been screwing the dev. community for years. The petition works, That step begins here https://www.change.org/petitions/kwo...-3-bootloaders
  5. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus, T-bolt, Droid 2
    Yeah I heard about this a while ago but I'm fairly certain its only for android. I think you can still use last FM for free on the comp or XBOX ps3 w/e

tappin and a talkin
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    BackSeatSuicide
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy Note 3
    Quote Originally Posted by spaz33g View Post
    Yeah I heard about this a while ago but I'm fairly certain its only for android. I think you can still use last FM for free on the comp or XBOX ps3 w/e

tappin and a talkin
    Well that's even more retarded. Android is the best platform out there and deserves to have last.FM stay free!

7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    Yep this is old news if you have been a member for that long then yes they sent and email out informing you about the monthly subscription and they would give you three months free. From what I have read android downloads for last fm app and usage went crazy so they are thinking that maybe they need to charge their customers, but they same is not being said for iphone and that is not cool.
  8. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus, T-bolt, Droid 2
    It feels like a pretty stupid move to me. I used last.fm all through the year on my phone and after I was told I would have to pay I pretty much stopped using it all together. I listen to most of my music on my phone and with out being able to screebl that music I don't feel like using it at all.

tappin and a talkin
  9. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BackSeatSuicide View Post
    Well that's even more retarded. Android is the best platform out there and deserves to have last.FM stay free!
    They are just trying to cash in....Just like a lot of devs do once their app gets popular.
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 2.3.20.A955
    Personally I've never used Last.Fm. Been satisfied by using Pandora the entire time. But, don't fret. I've read several small articles, from different websites, comments on others and comments on the app on the Android Market and I can tell you they are doing a great job of turning new and old customers away. Not little by little but a mass of them each day.

Their IS a way to get it free still. When you recently updated it, it changed the app to make you subscribe and pay monthly. If you did not update it yet it is still free. So, if you can get your hands on the APK version before that last update, you can probably get it back for free. See if you can revert the update changes. People are reporting that freezing the update keeps it from becoming a pay per month app.
    Funny how some people complain more than my 2 year old daughter does.
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    See my sig, silly!
    just got my email, looks like you don't have to do anything like opt out or something. I think you can just let it go and not sign up for the subscription.

We hope you've been enjoying your free trial subscription to Last.fm.

While you've been listening we've been busy releasing updated apps for the iPhone and Android and releasing some new radio features, including a pause button. We'll continue to improve the mobile applications in the months to come, and your experience of Last.fm.

Your trial subscription will end on May 19th. This means you will lose access to subscriber-only features, including radio on your mobile device; your apps will continue to scrobble, display profile information and deliver personalised recommendations.

Remember, you can renew your subscription at any time on the subscription page. In the meantime, enjoy the rest of your trial.

Thanks,
    The Last.fm Team
    Oh, and I'll probably uninstall it too.
    Droid Razr
    Custom Dialers for D1
    My broken glass icons: Broken Icons | Android Logo Icons (in progress): Android Icons

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links