Just got an alert for an update to ShopSavvy. I scanned a few items after the update and it seems to work much better.
They serve two different purposes for me...
Barcode Scanner I use to scan QR codes for applications and 2D barcodes.
ShopSavvy I use to scan items in the store to do comparison shopping.
Two great programs, but for me they have two different uses. Your choice though.
The main problem with this is, the app wasn't the problem, it was the fact that the crappy autofocus wouldn't work. While they did make the program much better, and it will actually READ some of the things you try now, the main problem goes back to the camera autofocus issue, i cannot wait until december 11th.
Resistance is futile.
On 11/16/2009 DroidNet Became Aware
It took all weekend, but we got ShopSavvy working on the Droid. There are some issues with the auto-focus and it is our understanding that a firmware update is in the works. Our initial update should resolve 90% of the current issues. The remaining 10% should be resolved by Motorola.
We have more than 20,000 retailers offering price and availability information to our users. More than a million folks scan barcodes with ShopSavvy each month - resulting in between 600,000 and 1,000,000 scans each day.
Anyway, you can find out more about ShopSavvy by visiting Big in Japan | faq
I haven't been able to scan anything with shopsavvy
Edit: never mind I uninstalled it and installed it again. It works perfect
Last edited by Jason; 11-11-2009 at 12:58 PM.