DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Droid Outlook synch software

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy

Droid Outlook synch software

Anybody out there got a good recommendation for synch software for my Droid with my outlook on my laptop? Been using CompanionLink and it is a mess to use. I'm sure it will get better but in the meantime, any other thoughts? I am not a Gmail user by the way...
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Have you read any of the threads on Outlook sync or visited Sync Android/Droid with Outlook/Exchange?
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by tblondi View Post
    Anybody out there got a good recommendation for synch software for my Droid with my outlook on my laptop? Been using CompanionLink and it is a mess to use. I'm sure it will get better but in the meantime, any other thoughts? I am not a Gmail user by the way...
    Sorry to hear you're having some trouble with CompanionLink. If you want to explain what's going on, I should be able to offer some help!

- David Z.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid global

MyPhone Explorer

Check the market for it. Free and works fantastic including WI-FI. I donated because I was very impressed with the app and it does many things not only outlook sync. Give it a try. I also used companionlink but aborted because of the issues with outlook 2010.

5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

synch Droid with Outlook

I use gSyncit from www.fieldstonesoftware.com lots of control adn never breaks.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid global
    Quote Originally Posted by jb_alphamale View Post
    Check the market for it. Free and works fantastic including WI-FI. I donated because I was very impressed with the app and it does many things not only outlook sync. Give it a try. I also used companionlink but aborted because of the issues with outlook 2010.

+1.Fantastic app.Donated as well.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    I have Mac OS X V 10.5.8, iPad 1 and Droid 3. I use gmail in Microsoft Outlook 2011, v 14.1.2 and a droid 3, I upgraded from a Droid 1, on 7/16/11.
    So, synching email and contacts is simple because you simply create the google account on droid, obviously.
    However, synching the task list also created in Outlook has been a long time search for me and from everything I read, there was no way to do it. Now, my solution is not a cloud based solution, it is network based. At home I have a Lynksys router. No frills.

1.So, the app that you have to purchase, 40 bucks, is called Missing Synch for Android by Sync Software for Mobile Smartphones to Mac and Windows - Sync Mac and PC!. But let me tell you it works like a charm. (Missing Synch has plug ins to synch mail, contacts, pictures, music, notes, tasks, bookmarks, you name it). Since my main goal was to synch tasks
    2. I had to download a free app called Fliq Taks and
    3. Missing Synch to both the Droid and the Mac. Sync Software for Mobile Smartphones to Mac and Windows - Sync Mac and PC! might be the most idiot/non-techy-proof website I have ever surfed. Their set-up instructions are very basic and have no techy content (no dys to you techy's God knows none of this would be possible without you).
    4. On Outlook you have to go to Tools,
    5. choose synch and
    6.check off what you want synched.
    7. Make sure the Droid and the PC with Oulook ARE logged on the same Network.
    8. Both the PC and Droid will put you through their respective setup wizards once you install these programs. Just follow the bouncing ball.
    9. Synch. (Outlook will then synch whatever you checked off TO iCal and iCal will synch the tasks TO Fliq Task THROUGH missing synch). BOOM! Outlook created tasks on the droid.

Obviously, when you leave the house with your Droid in toll, any changes you make to your missing synch based plugs will remain only on the Droid until you re-join your home network.

I wonder if I could have a cloud based solution if I sprung for mobile me, but I wasn't about to pay 100 bucks a year just so when I am not in front of my desktop it can be automatically updated from what's on my droid.

Lastly, I have no experience with technical writing, so if this post makes no sense to you, please email me, and I can give you more detailed instructions. Peace to all.

Eden

P.S. You can also synch through BT and USB, if you prefer.

Links