DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: UltimateFavesPRO

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

UltimateFavesPRO

UltimateFavesPRO lets you organize your most frequently used items (apps, bookmarks, contact cards, SMS numbers, e-mail address, etc) in floating 3D carousels for a quick and easy access, also allowing you to free up your home-screens by creating shortcuts to specific carousels on your home screen, leaving tons of space for your favorite widgets.

Lots of other features are coming really soon! UltimateFavesPRO is only available directly via the blog using PayPal.

Official blog: UltimateFaves for Android

Demo video:

2. CDB
    Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (A855)
    Does PayPal allow us to download the app and easily get a refund within 24hrs after uninstalling it, like Google Checkout does?
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by CDB View Post
    Does PayPal allow us to download the app and easily get a refund within 24hrs after uninstalling it, like Google Checkout does?
    You can download the free version (UltimateFaves) from the market, and only buy the PRO version if you find the free one suitable for your taste and needs.
  4. CDB
    Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (A855)
    When the free version is a limited-version of the pay version, I'd much rather try the app that I'd actually be using should I decide to keep it. In going to your website, it also seems keeping the app up-to-date is a bit more cumbersome than how an app bought using Google Checkout would be. Kind of a bummer for me - looks like a unique app too.

Why did you decide to use PayPal over G.Checkout?

EDIT: A little more reading on your site and I see...

"The answer is very simple: I wish I could but I simply canít. In order to publish paid apps on the Android market you need a Google Checkout account, and since Iím not a US resident, I cannot open one!"

...which strikes me a bit odd when I'm buying apps in the market place that have prices in 'pounds'.
    Last edited by CDB; 01-08-2010 at 08:09 AM.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I tried out the free version in the market, and I did like it overall. But since have deleted it. I wish it could be ran as a widget where the carousel would be on screen at all times. If you can make it do that I will buy and use the pro version. Other wise it is just a fancy folder, and just using a folder is much quicker and practical
    "Harley Davidson - The Perfect Machine to Turn Gasoline into Noise Without the Pesky Bi-Product of Horsepower!"
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Tried out the app, interesting idea however not as quick to use as I imagined. I'll stick with my folders.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    When the free version is a limited-version of the pay version, I'd much rather try the app that I'd actually be using should I decide to keep it. In going to your website, it also seems keeping the app up-to-date is a bit more cumbersome than how an app bought using Google Checkout would be. Kind of a bummer for me - looks like a unique app too.

Obviously I want to use Google Checkout, after all it is the standard way for Android applications. Unfortunately, Google Checkout (unlike PayPal) is only available in a very limited number of countries, and Israel is not one of them (which is very weird, considering the fact that Google has two large R&D centers here, and Android devices are sold by all cellular carriers).

Anyhow, this is a compromise (I assume the app would have much more exposure in the Android market and would sell better), but it's the best solution I have for the time being.

Since the app is not sold on the market, updates are received via e-mail. More cumbersome? maybe. Big deal? deal breaker? definitely not.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

EDIT: A little more reading on your site and I see...

"The answer is very simple: I wish I could but I simply canít. In order to publish paid apps on the Android market you need a Google Checkout account, and since Iím not a US resident, I cannot open one!"

...which strikes me a bit odd when I'm buying apps in the market place that have prices in 'pounds'.
    Google checkout is available in the following countries:
    United States
    France
    Germany
    Italy
    Japan
    Netherlands
    Spain
    United Kingdom
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Thunderbolt & Xoom
    Can you make this a widget?

Sometimes a "smartphone" is only as smart as its user.

10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by bamfsig45 View Post
    Can you make this a widget?
    Widgets on Android are very limited in what they can do. Widgets cannot have 3D OpenGL graphics and animations like UltimateFavesPRO does. (An exception for that is HTC's SenseUI, but its widgets are actually part of the SenseUI home-screen app, not completely separate widgets)

The app is meant to be used with home-screen shortcuts. You can create as many carousels as you want, and create shortcuts to specific carousels on your any of your home screens for quick and organized access.

Note that you can create direct-call, direct-sms and direct-email items in the carousels so although you have to click once to launch the carousel, it still makes your life easier :-)

The functionality is similar to folders in many ways, but it's a lot cooler!

Furthermore, some of the upcoming features are definitely going give it an extra edge:

• Custom icons
    • Carousels that show the current running tasks / processes / recently-used-apps (Allowing you to kill tasks, uninstall apps, etc.)
    • Carousel with system-settings.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links