We have received a number of inquires about our service from Jott orphans as a result of this thread. I figured it might be helpful for me to clarify some things so I asked some super-mods for their opinions regarding posting additional information and they thought it would be ok.
First, there are a number of things that Jott did that we can not do.
What we can do…
Via Phone - We provide a telephone number where you call and leave a recording of up to 5 minutes in duration. The message is transcribed and delivered to your email address with a copy of the audio.
Via Email – Using most existing smartphone voice recorder apps, personal recording devices, etc. you make a recording and email it to your TalkScribe email address for transcription and delivery to email and/or SMS
Mobile Phones – we replace your carrier voicemail box with a TalkScribe enabled voicemail box. Messages are transcribed and delivered to email with a copy of the audio and/or SMS.
Email – If you have a voicemail system that is capable of delivering an email with an audio attachment, we provide you an email address where messages received will be transcribed and emailed and/or texted to you.
- Our rate plans are here.
- We are working on a new pre-paid plan for casual users where they can purchase a bucket of minutes and recharge after use.
- We offer a no obligation trial so you can ‘see’ and evaluate the quality of our work. No credit card or billing information required in advance. No automatic charge at the end of the trial.
What we can’t do…
- Send emails/notes etc to other email/SMS addresses.
- Post notes directly to CRM applications.
- Set calendar entries or reminders.
- A number of other things that we’ve learned Jott could do.
Clearly, TalkScribe isn’t for everybody - perhaps just a small niche. I understand that.
We are a small company that does what we do very well and have very satisfied customers that have been with us for years. We do not have a large marketing budget, a huge web presence, or VC funding. Most of our customers have come to us as referrals from other customers saying ‘can you do for me what you are doing for ____?’. If you call us, we'll answer the phone or call you back within minutes.
We are not trying to build a massive customer list for an eventual acquisition. We plan to be in business for the long haul and plan to remain cash-flow positive.