DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: app for sharing large files

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

app for sharing large files

I have a song on my droid I want to share with somone and when I try and attach it to an email it says the attachment is to large. Are there any free apps for sharing large files?
    I have a lot of good how to articles about music managing and battery life etc. PM me if interested.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Not that I am aware of. you could try uploading it from a website such as Rapidshare or Megaupload if your browser/theirs will support it.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    yeah, I was trying to get around this last night with trying to send a video that was just a little over a min too long and couldn't send it video message or through gmail and resorted to uploading to my computer and sending it that way. irritated me that I couldn't find a way around it. I tried uploading it to youtube and said that it would have to use a wifi connection which I didn't have at my home.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    you have to record videos in the lowest setting possible to send them in an MMS. to upload to youtube, you're stuck with having to use WiFi.

create an FTP server and use the to upload, use WiFi mount to mount your SD card, find a zip program to zip the file or just attach your phone to a PC.

remember, it's still a phone. some of those video files can be more than 10MB, which is the limit of GMAIL attachments. i just took a video the other day that was 33MB. GMAIL didn't even attempt to attach it to a message.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Wink It's really simple actually

Plug your phone into your computer. At the top of your phone screen (this is with a Motorola, I don't know how it is with Eris) where it says you have new text's, missed a call, etc., you'll see the USP port "picture"; pull that screen down. You'll see where it tells you your phone is connected to your compter. Touch that line. A message will come up that tells you your USP port is connected to your computer, do you want to mount your phone to your computer? Press "mount". PRESTO! You are now connected to your computer and can upload your files from there. Then look at your computer screen and it will ask you what steps to take next, which is no different than uploading pictures from your digital camera.

Granted, it's not very handy if you're not readily connected to your computer and you'd like to email your video/song right away, but if it's something that can wait, you've at least got that option.

Hope this was helpful.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    D1! and now Bionic!
    New version of Handcent will allow sending 1Mb in mms.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Tablefor7 View Post
    Plug your phone into your computer. At the top of your phone screen (this is with a Motorola, I don't know how it is with Eris) where it says you have new text's, missed a call, etc., you'll see the USP port "picture"; pull that screen down. You'll see where it tells you your phone is connected to your compter. Touch that line. A message will come up that tells you your USP port is connected to your computer, do you want to mount your phone to your computer? Press "mount". PRESTO! You are now connected to your computer and can upload your files from there. Then look at your computer screen and it will ask you what steps to take next, which is no different than uploading pictures from your digital camera.

Granted, it's not very handy if you're not readily connected to your computer and you'd like to email your video/song right away, but if it's something that can wait, you've at least got that option.

Hope this was helpful.
    OP wasn't referring to transferring files off of his device. Only sending it through email/mms.
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Right, but the problem is there is no quick solution to sending them through email/mms unless you've got the right app...and that takes time finding. Everyone has a suggestion on the 'right' one, but not everyone's suggestion is going to work out for someone elses phone.

I don't talk all the jargon the hackers and programmers talk. My sister is the whiz with all of that, she can hack, break into, re-route, program and re-program...you name it. All I know is that email/mms isn't an option unless you've got the right app and finding the right one isn't a quick fix. I don't care how computer savy a person is. So, start with the basics...plug into said computer and work it out from there.

It's better than nothing. Right?
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    There are quite a lot of free file hosting sites out in the internet, so I tried going into two of them that I use often on my computer.

YouSendIt: Online File Sharing and collaboration with FTP Replacement - Send Large Files and Email Attachments with Managed File Transfer Solution - yousendit.com

Free large file hosting. Send big files the easy way! - sendspace.com

I was going to check if I could upload a file from the SD card on both of those sites, but it says on the page "Uploads Disabled" on the button where you would normally click on and browse for the file that you want to upload. I wonder why that is?
  11. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Tablefor7 View Post
    It's better than nothing. Right?
    You'd have to ask the OP. There may be a reason why mounting isn't an option.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links