UPDATE: I've attached a new Browser.apk (in Browser_v.05.zip) below that should fix the user-agent it sends, this should allow sites like Digg to correctly detect a mobile device and redirect accordingly. I'll update the zip tomorrow possibly, I have some other fixes I want to roll together. Thanks to everyone that reported it.
Fixed (.03) : Crash on clicking a select menu in the browser.
Fixed (.04) : Weird red thing on the right side of the address bar when loading.
(I took down .04 temporarily because it was force-closing for some people).
.05 is just .04 but fixed to still work on 2.1.
Known issues: User-agent might be wrong still, Wikipedia doesn't redirect to mobile, but digg and facebook do.
- Do a nandroid backup or whatever to back up the files (Browser.apk and Browser.odex) you'll be patching (ps: I'm not responsible for you screwing up your phone)
- Remount /system to RW (mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system)
- Delete /system/app/Browser.odex
- Extract the zip file somewhere on your computer
- adb push libmtwebcore.so /system/lib
- adb push Browser.apk /system/app/Browser.apk
I think that's everything. If it doesn't work (crashes on startup immediately) post a logcat output of the exception it threw, I might have forgotten a file.
As the title says, this is still in beta, I've got some more work to do to get the resources to match up correctly.