DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost Hunting

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Ghost Hunting

Glancing through the marketplace an entertaining app popped up.

"Ghost Radar"

Not sure, how is supposedly works...it states it does not use EMF readings or gravity detection but looks like an entertaining app to spook some people.

Haven't even given it a shot yet, but if someone does -- let us know how it is.

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    I'd actually like an EVP app I realize it's nothing more than a voice recorder but it'd still be cool
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    I downloaded a number of apps that could help in a ghost hunt, then I realized that my group doesn't take phones into the investigation area. They tend to make noises, even when 'silenced', and can give off random emf spikes when doing things like switching towers or even just signal areas.

But, if you're interested, here is what I found:

Bubble Level - It is useful for testing the floors, cabinets, shelves, etc., for levelness. Unlevel floors and stairs can cause slight vertigo, especially if they don't all slope the same direction. Unlevel shelves and cabinets can explain items 'flying' off them. And these can all explain items moving in odd patterns 'unassisted'.

SpectralView - Real time audio spectral analysis. Granted, it doesn't record, but it will show you, in real time, if the sound you're hearing is actually being generated by something physical.

Voice Recorder - Does exactly what it sounds like.

Tricorder - It has a built-in mf detector. Unfortunately, it gives off enough noise that it would contaminate any audio you have running, and it is not emf. You can take a magnet underneath it, rotate it, and get fluctuations. Really, it is just a cheap K2, which is pretty worthless in my opinion.

Metal Detector - While it doesn't fit into the 'standard' kit, it can be useful for finding things like speakers in walls, motors, and such if you suspect you're being played.

What I would really like to see is a combination of SpectralView and Voice Recorder. All of these are free, but I know at least 1 has a paid version.
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan.Droid View Post
    I downloaded a number of apps that could help in a ghost hunt, then I realized that my group doesn't take phones into the investigation area. They tend to make noises, even when 'silenced', and can give off random emf spikes when doing things like switching towers or even just signal areas.

But, if you're interested, here is what I found:

Bubble Level - It is useful for testing the floors, cabinets, shelves, etc., for levelness. Unlevel floors and stairs can cause slight vertigo, especially if they don't all slope the same direction. Unlevel shelves and cabinets can explain items 'flying' off them. And these can all explain items moving in odd patterns 'unassisted'.

SpectralView - Real time audio spectral analysis. Granted, it doesn't record, but it will show you, in real time, if the sound you're hearing is actually being generated by something physical.

Voice Recorder - Does exactly what it sounds like.

Tricorder - It has a built-in mf detector. Unfortunately, it gives off enough noise that it would contaminate any audio you have running, and it is not emf. You can take a magnet underneath it, rotate it, and get fluctuations. Really, it is just a cheap K2, which is pretty worthless in my opinion.

Metal Detector - While it doesn't fit into the 'standard' kit, it can be useful for finding things like speakers in walls, motors, and such if you suspect you're being played.

What I would really like to see is a combination of SpectralView and Voice Recorder. All of these are free, but I know at least 1 has a paid version.
    Informative, Thanks boss
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Kprojects just posted this is another thread but I figured I'd link it in here since I was mentioning it...

Ghost Radar on Droid - Droid Forums
  7. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    running it now as we speak......

words spoken are not audible yet so you have to keep an eye on it. There is a page you can go to to see all the words spoken though so you won't miss anything.

Looks pretty nice but it does need a settings menu like the iPhone app does.

It looks like it's set up for the Eris screen right now. There is some unused screen real estate. Updates should fix that.

Once it gets into a fully working version (audible voice cues, settings menu and using entire screen) it should be a fun app to entertain people.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    So, how does it work? It sounds a lot like the paranormal puck, which is essentially a random word generator.
  9. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    So, how does it work? It sounds a lot like the paranormal puck, which is essentially a random word generator.
    Ghost Radar FAQ | Spud Pickles

Devs site
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    a ghost radar? maybe i can charge $0.99 for a fairie finder or a virtual dousing rod. i wonder if there's a virtual ouija board so i can sms the spirit of napoleon bonaparte.
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
    Ghost Radar FAQ | Spud Pickles

Devs site
    I meant 'how well does it work', not 'why does it work'. I already know now the paranormal puck works, which is my problem here.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links