DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Home security app?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Home security app?

I have a DSC 1616 main panel that sends signal via cellular signal. I also have a wireless keyfob to activate arm / disarm the system.

Any chance theres a way to use my Droid X to arm / disarm the system? If there's not an app to control my system. What about learning the signal that the keyfob transmits? I did something similar with an old IR remote for a Harmony remote. Just thought I'd toss that out there. Not sure it's something that can be done with the Droid, but I thought it might spark a thought.
    Last edited by camarob4c; 02-20-2011 at 02:02 PM.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Twitter
    jfhrtn
    Phone
    Droid 2
    hello, you might want to try to search security or security camera in the market. i found quite a few apps dealing with security cameras but if you have a well known security system like brinks there might be an app out there specific to that company. a google search might turn up some 3rd party apps created for security system ease also. hope this can help
    Droid 2/Liberty v2.0.1/LP+/Oc'ed 1.3gHz LV

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Is there a way to teach the droid a signal from a current remote? Similar to the process of a Harmony remote. Using the old remote you point both at each other and press the button on the old and the harmony receives it while tethered to a pc, you then tell the harmony what that signal does and it saves it.

I have a few things that I do remotely that I would like to see the droid do. work the house alarm, and operate a function of the car.

Both functions are simple if there was a remote app for the droid that would all the droid to learn from another remote.

anyone know of a way to do this?
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by camarob4c View Post
    Is there a way to teach the droid a signal from a current remote? Similar to the process of a Harmony remote. Using the old remote you point both at each other and press the button on the old and the harmony receives it while tethered to a pc, you then tell the harmony what that signal does and it saves it.

I have a few things that I do remotely that I would like to see the droid do. work the house alarm, and operate a function of the car.

Both functions are simple if there was a remote app for the droid that would all the droid to learn from another remote.

anyone know of a way to do this?
    Never heard of a way...Contact your alarm company.
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    ok, is there a way to control this with the Droid? https://store.racereadyperformance.c...RICE_p_64.html
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    update....... called my security company. They are sending a technician out to install a new system. Upgrading to the 2gig Technologies security system. It will allow me to control several things from the Droid X
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Twitter
    jfhrtn
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Congrats on getting everything working
    Droid 2/Liberty v2.0.1/LP+/Oc'ed 1.3gHz LV

8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr MAXX
    camarob4c, does your system allow you to actually monitor your camera views from your DroidX? My setup allows me to watch/check on things via the internet BUT only via Internet Explorer (I found out after the fact)! I REALLY need a setup that'll allow me to monitor my situation from PC, Droid, as well as TV on the scene. Do you know of a system that can perform as described?
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    hobbes105
    Phone
    G Nexus, Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeJay_NYC View Post
    camarob4c, does your system allow you to actually monitor your camera views from your DroidX? My setup allows me to watch/check on things via the internet BUT only via Internet Explorer (I found out after the fact)! I REALLY need a setup that'll allow me to monitor my situation from PC, Droid, as well as sTV on the scene. Do you know of a system that can perform as described?
    There are many systems that will accomplish this. I use a Nuvico DVR and do exactly what you want to do - view cams from my PC, my Droid, and several on-site TV's. Nuvico is just one brand, there are tons of other manufactures of DVR's that have simular capabilities, such as, Speco, Vitek, Everfocus, and a lot more.

You also need the right app on the Droid. Total Control and IPCam are 2 good apps that I have used. IPCam is my favorite, but both work well once everything on the DVR, network router, and app are configured.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Links