DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: I can't believe I haven't fiugured this out, but I can't

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    See my sig, silly!

I can't believe I haven't fiugured this out, but I can't

I was playing around with the X and noticed in the contacts, under the menu there's "Display group" option. There's an option to create a group and I do (Little League) and then I want to add my kid's coaches. But when I menu>add contact it never saves to the group, but rather the "All contacts".

I also tried doing this through the PC and though it works there, after syncing it does not show correctly on the phone.

So how to I create groups of contacts on the phone?
    Droid Razr
    Custom Dialers for D1
    My broken glass icons: Broken Icons | Android Logo Icons (in progress): Android Icons

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim 777 View Post
    I was playing around with the X and noticed in the contacts, under the menu there's "Display group" option. There's an option to create a group and I do (Little League) and then I want to add my kid's coaches. But when I menu>add contact it never saves to the group, but rather the "All contacts".

I also tried doing this through the PC and though it works there, after syncing it does not show correctly on the phone.

So how to I create groups of contacts on the phone?
    I have never had good luck with the whole group thing in the android OS. If you want to send a group of people (the group you created in Gmail or Google voice) a txt use Handcent app instead of the default android messing app. When creating a message in Handcent there is a option to select the groups you created in Gmail or Google voice.

Sent from my OG Droid using DroidForums App
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    See my sig, silly!
    I hear ya, but really I just want to use the group thing to be able to find contacts easily. For example, I only know the new little league coaches by first name and I probably won't be able to remember them when I need to. So I create a group and put them in there. That way when I need to get a hold of them, I don't need to remember his name, I just go to the "little league" group and there's the contacts.

Not that I want to text or email, just find them easily
    Droid Razr
    Custom Dialers for D1
    My broken glass icons: Broken Icons | Android Logo Icons (in progress): Android Icons

5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    neXus
    Sounds like you are doing everything right in creating the group. To add to the group, hit menu and display group, then choose your "little league" at the prompt. If you have not succeeded in adding to this group, you will get a blank screen, to add to the group, click on menu again and select "edit group", from there, select the "add" button and start adding.

Once you have setup your group, you can mass txt or email them by selecting the icon to the right of the group tittle (pencil and paper).
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    See my sig, silly!
    Quote Originally Posted by lemodular View Post
    Sounds like you are doing everything right in creating the group. To add to the group, hit menu and display group, then choose your "little league" at the prompt. If you have not succeeded in adding to this group, you will get a blank screen, to add to the group, click on menu again and select "edit group", from there, select the "add" button and start adding.

Once you have setup your group, you can mass txt or email them by selecting the icon to the right of the group tittle (pencil and paper).
    Perfect, that was exactly the part I was missing. Thanks!
    Droid Razr
    Custom Dialers for D1

7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Just an FYI for D1 users; it doesn't look like we have this option in the menu. We can select which groups to display from the email account settings but it won't sort them that way in the contacts list.

Sent from my Droid

Links