DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Twidroyd suspended

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid

Thumbs down Twidroyd suspended

Just got this email.........weak

Dear (@_attcus),

Regardless of how you access Twitter, we are dedicated to making Twitter better, faster and more reliable for you. As part of this effort, we ask applications that work with Twitter to abide by a simple set of rules that we believe are in the interests of our users, and the health and vitality of the Twitter platform as a whole. We often take actions to enforce these rules.

We are sending this email today because we suspended twidroyd for violating our policies.

Every day, we suspend more than one hundred applications that are in violation of our policies. Generally, these apps are used by a small number of users. We are taking the unusual step of sending out this letter because today’s suspension may affect a larger number of users.

We are committed to helping you continue to use Twitter during the disruption of this application. You can download Twitter for Android and other official Twitter apps here. You can also try our mobile web site or apps from other third-party developers.

We appreciate your continued support of Twitter and regret any inconvenience to you.

Twitter Support Team - @support support.twitter.com
    Last edited by atticus; 02-18-2011 at 12:01 PM.

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note 3
    I just got the same email. I was a heavy user of Twidroyd because it was far more customizable and better than the really $hitty Twitter app - granted it's been about half a year since I've checked it out.

I've read several websites on this Twitter Suspends UberMedia Clients For Privacy And Monetization Violations, Trademark Infringement and Twitter suspends UberTwitter and twidroyd, suggesting alternatives [Updated] but none of them seem to really indicate more than just observations.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    yeah, i'm not to stoaked about this. I loved the "Live Preview" in Twidroyd. Having the capability to tap a tweet, and a window appears next to your timeline with whatever link was tweeted was amazing, and very useful. Hopefully this can and will be straightened out soon. Thanks for the links.

Links