DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Few questions for Swype

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by SGTiger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtmonee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron636r View Post
    I think it works amazing...I personally can deal with it not remembering "pot". Its in beta and its already killer. Give it time...
    Quote Originally Posted by SGTiger View Post

I would hate to think that if I happen to write a text message that used the word "pot" a lot, that "pot" would become the default for that swipe. "Put" is used much more often in the English language than "pot" is.

Also I am able to swipe "pot" if when i swipe, I go through the fat part of the "O" and just above the "U". However, if you go too high, it will capitalize the "O".

Ok, you guys are WAY to caught up in the EXAMPLE. I used "pot" because it was the first swype path I could think of that would lead to multiple results.

And it wouldn't make it the default automatically, but if overtime it sensed a trend, then it would change it, and since it is infact a trend, i doubt you would hate it.

This is a NECESITY! It was one of the major downfalls of T9!
    Well like I said, I can swipe and have pot come up first in the list. With a little practice, I was able to do it every time. And yes, I know that pot is an example. Can you give me an example of a word that I cannot swipe and get to come up first in the list?

You also mention it as being a potential downfall. The alternative to swipe is tapping on a different keyboard app. Its not like swipe doesn't allow you to also tap out a word. Their tapping procedure isn't slower than any other keyboard alternative as far as I know.

Of course I cannot imagine why anyone would tap out the letters instead of just tapping the second word in the suggested list. Don't get me wrong, I can see where your suggestion would be an improvement. However I cannot see any competing product that comes close thus creating a "downfall" of the product.
    Wait...where is the option to be able to tap it out? Some words are easier to tap out for me, especially if you are doing shorthand or uncommon words not in the dictionary...but as it is if i hit one letter then I have to click the popup text box that comes up as well, making double the taps...This app would be perfect if I can figure out how it can do both
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by mrnelson86 View Post

Wait...where is the option to be able to tap it out? Some words are easier to tap out for me, especially if you are doing shorthand or uncommon words not in the dictionary...but as it is if i hit one letter then I have to click the popup text box that comes up as well, making double the taps...This app would be perfect if I can figure out how it can do both
    Just ignore the pop up list and keep tapping out the word then hit space bar or tap the finished word in the list.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I understand there are other alternatives and I can certaintly survive without my most frequently swyped words showing up first. But Swype itself is based on the principles of shortcuts and speed. If you never have to go to the correction box again, then that would not only make txting faster, but also easier! I would also go as far to say that the developers should also remember situational word choices as well. (back to the pot example) for example, maybe only everytime you swype "the" then "pot", "pot" comes up automatically instead of "put" because "the put" would make absolutely no sense. Now please stop with the flaming, its really pointless. If you don't understand something please go experiment for yourself.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I understand there are other alternatives and I can certaintly survive without my most frequently swyped words showing up first. But Swype itself is based on the principles of shortcuts and speed. If you never have to go to the correction box again, then that would not only make txting faster, but also easier! I would also go as far to say that the developers should also remember situational word choices as well. (back to the pot example) for example, maybe only everytime you swype "the" then "pot", "pot" comes up automatically instead of "put" because "the put" would make absolutely no sense. Now please stop with the flaming, its really pointless. If you don't understand something please go experiment for yourself.
    Sorry. I thought we were just discussing it and never dreamed it would be considered flaming. I just cannot find a word that I cannot swipe and make show up first in the list which I thought was your problem. Maybe there is a word, just haven't found it yet. When it shows up first in the list, you don't have to tap it. You just go ahead and swipe your next word.

Again, my apologies for my misunderstanding.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    [quote=SGTiger;109437]
    Quote Originally Posted by mrnelson86 View Post

Just ignore the pop up list and keep tapping out the word then hit space bar or tap the finished word in the list.
    Thanks very much! Kind of obvious now that I see, but it didn't occur to me, the app is nearly flawless now! haha
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    please go look for yourself
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    1. Anyway to get auto-capitalization for after a "."?

2. Anyway you can get the delete key to just keep deleting when u hold it like the android keyboard? I'm not a fan of having to keep clicking the delete button to delete word after word after word.
    as for the capitalization all you have to do is swype the first letter over the text field and then back down continuing your word (this can be used even in the sentace like proper name or whatever) What I wished it did was place "." for me after a double space..
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    yeah that would be another great addition!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links