DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does music stop when you get a phone call?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

MP3 Music Does NOT Stop

On my phone, which I figure isn't any different fron all of yours does not stop playing MP3's when a call comes in.

When I'm listening to a music program using 3g (Pandora, etc) the music in my headphones will stop (I have my phone on silent, so when I hear a long pause I know a call is coming in) I have to have it on silent at work.

What I don't like is that when I'm listening to MP3's on my SD card, I don't hear the ring at all.. I only get a quick one second pause after I miss the call from the voicemail notification. Since my phone is on silent I know there is a message or notification by a short pause in my music.

How can I know there is a call coming in when I'm listening to MP3's and my phone is on silent. (and in my pocket)
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by zfly9 View Post

How can I know there is a call coming in when I'm listening to MP3's and my phone is on silent. (and in my pocket)
    Take it off of silent when you put headphones on. All sounds will route to headphones then anyway. Just remember to go back to silent if you stop using headphones.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I had an old ATnT Tilt that I hacked and put Android on so it was a far from perfect Android experience but once while I was driving and listening to the soundtrack for the 300 movie through my headphones, I took a phone call from my girl friend and the music didn't stop. I proceeded to have the most EPIC conversation about anyone's mediocre day I have had in my life!!
    Last edited by Ding911; 01-15-2010 at 10:02 PM.
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    While listening to music on my Droid through the audio out, If I receive a phone call the music always stops.... regardless if my phone is set to ringer normally, vibrate only, or silent. The call always comes through. I have the same results using the speaker phone. Isn't this normal behavior? Strikes me as it would be
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post
    While listening to music on my Droid through the audio out, If I receive a phone call the music always stops.... regardless if my phone is set to ringer normally, vibrate only, or silent. The call always comes through. I have the same results using the speaker phone. Isn't this normal behavior? Strikes me as it would be
    Yeah this is normal but there is an option in Meridian to leave it playing during a call. Its rare that you would want to but nice to have the option and thats the true spirit of Android...options...
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy Nexus: Sourcerized
    Quote Originally Posted by brianr0131 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zfly9 View Post

Take it off of silent when you put headphones on. All sounds will route to headphones then anyway. Just remember to go back to silent if you stop using headphones.
    Not the ringtone?
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    ROM: Team Sourcery!

7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Good Reason

I can think of a great reason for wanting uninterrupted music. Where I work we have a stereo with an eighth inch jack that we can hook MP3 players up to. We use this to play music for the entire store. I really like the idea of hooking my Droid up so that we can all listen to Pandora, but it will be very jarring for us and the customers if it stops the music every time a call or text etc. comes in. I'm disappointed that neither the Droid OS nor the Pandora app allow for uninterrupted music. I'm also a gigging musician, and it would be great to play Pandora through the PA before the show starts, but once again, interruptions will make it sound very unprofessional, and that's a shame. If anyone comes up with a workaround that doesn't include rooting my Droid, I'd be very happy to hear it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links