DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I have a few questions...can someone help me out?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

I have a few questions...can someone help me out?

Hey guys & girls,

I just had a few questions and wanted your opinions and feedback based on your responses if it's not too much to ask...

1. Which is the most beneficial / and must have app free and/or paid? From the looks of it I would assume it's Beautiful Widget, if it is please explain why? If not let me know in your opinion which one is.

2. Which home app do you prefer and why? I currently have Launcher Pro (free) and Go Launcher, which one's do you like?

3. I've never purchased an app from the android market but if I do purchase one does it charge to the phone bill or does it ask for credit card or debit card info?

Thanks everyone...
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    nakhleh926
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by niterydah23 View Post
    Hey guys & girls,

I just had a few questions and wanted your opinions and feedback based on your responses if it's not too much to ask...

1. Which is the most beneficial / and must have app free and/or paid? From the looks of it I would assume it's Beautiful Widget, if it is please explain why? If not let me know in your opinion which one is.

2. Which home app do you prefer and why? I currently have Launcher Pro (free) and Go Launcher, which one's do you like?

3. I've never purchased an app from the android market but if I do purchase one does it charge to the phone bill or does it ask for credit card or debit card info?

Thanks everyone...
    Hai.
    1. Id think that would be preference since everyone uses different apps for different reasons, beautiful widgets is really just a bunch of beautiful widgets, to show weather/the date/a clock.

2. I prefer ADW. EX, the free version used to be sluggish but this one isn't and I don't think the free one is anymore either.

3. Credit/debit, I think echecks too but I don't remember, it saves the information so your next purchase is nearly instant, so I've just been using that and don't remember the other choices.

EDIT: my favorite app is Droid X Recovery Bootstrap, but thats because I'm rooted, I use it a ton, you wont need it yet.

the reason I prefer ADW. EX is just because it's epic, smooth, and has TONS of things to customize.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
    I switch roms daily, I use 26-30gb+ of data a month without tethering, and I love root beer, vodka, and long walks on the beach.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by nakhleh926 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by niterydah23 View Post
    Hey guys & girls,

Thanks everyone...
    Hai.
    1. Id think that would be preference since everyone uses different apps for different reasons, beautiful widgets is really just a bunch of beautiful widgets, to show weather/the date/a clock.

2. I prefer ADW. EX, the free version used to be sluggish but this one isn't and I don't think the free one is anymore either.

3. Credit/debit, I think echecks too but I don't remember, it saves the information so your next purchase is nearly instant, so I've just been using that and don't remember the other choices.

EDIT: my favorite app is Droid X Recovery Bootstrap, but thats because I'm rooted, I use it a ton, you wont need it yet.

the reason I prefer ADW. EX is just because it's epic, smooth, and has TONS of things to customize.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Cool, thanks for all your feedback, it's really appreciated....anyone else with opinions are more then welcomed as well. Let me know
  4. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    1036 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Premium Member
    1. Personal preference

2. Launcher Pro for the scrolling dock. Helps save space on homescreens. Theres also an update coming this week or next for LP. Adds screen transitions and gmail widget.

3. PayPal too.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by CJM View Post
    1. Personal preference

2. Launcher Pro for the scrolling dock. Helps save space on homescreens. Theres also an update coming this week or next for LP. Adds screen transitions and gmail widget.

3. PayPal too.

Okay thanks...what do you mean by it helps save space on the homescreen? You can add more apps to each screen? And what do you mean by screen transitions? Any idea what kind of updates are coming?
  6. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    1036 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Premium Member
    LP gives you 15 spots in the dock bar for apps. Thats 15 more apps you can place on your homescreen. The transitions are what the screen looks like when it changes.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    LP gives you 15 spots in the dock bar for apps. Thats 15 more apps you can place on your homescreen. The transitions are what the screen looks like when it changes.

I'm sorry what do you mean by when the screen changes? When you scroll to another screen?
  8. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    1036 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Premium Member
    Here's where I saw it: http://www.droid-life.com/2011/01/20...l-widget-next/
    The screen transition is what you see when you open or close apps. Same thing you see when you open and close the app drawer.

Swyped from Droid Forums App
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Here's where I saw it: LauncherPro Updates in the Works: Screen Transitions this Week, Gmail Widget Next - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
    The screen transition is what you see when you open or close apps. Same thing you see when you open and close the app drawer.

Swyped from Droid Forums App
    Oh okay cool, thanks for the info and link.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    The screen transitions are when you are swiping between your homescreens. In my case, I enabled the cube effect so it looks like I'm rotating a cube when switching screens. One other thing about the dock having 15 spots for applications, which is true, but each of those locations can also support a swipe gesture, giving you a total of 30 apps available as a scrolling bar at the bottom of the screen.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links