DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Wasn't expecting this...

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DroidX

Wasn't expecting this...

I just got a Droid. My lovely wife just got the Droid Eris. We both looked for the game app 'Zilch'. On our phones, in our respective 'Markets' we have the exact same list of free game apps...with one unusual exception.

I can find, and d/l, 'Zilch' and it does not show up on her list. All the other games in the list are there...but the Eris just skips 'Zilch'.

Is this unusual? It's like it exists for my Droid, but not for her Eris.
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Could be a compatibility issue with her Eris?
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid BB v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by MRex21 View Post
    I just got a Droid. My lovely wife just got the Droid Eris. We both looked for the game app 'Zilch'. On our phones, in our respective 'Markets' we have the exact same list of free game apps...with one unusual exception.

I can find, and d/l, 'Zilch' and it does not show up on her list. All the other games in the list are there...but the Eris just skips 'Zilch'.

There are some apps that are designed to work with 2.0 and don't show up on the Eris. Example is Wheres My Droid. Last I looked, the Eris didn't show it. I believe the developer sets the criteria when a phone searches for an app and if it is not an "allowable" version of Android, it won't show up.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DroidX
    Quote Originally Posted by viperboy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MRex21 View Post

There are some apps that are designed to work with 2.0 and don't show up on the Eris. Example is Wheres My Droid. Last I looked, the Eris didn't show it. I believe the developer sets the criteria when a phone searches for an app and if it is not an "allowable" version of Android, it won't show up.
    This must be the case. All of the same games are in the same order on both our phones. The only difference is 'Zilch' exists in my list and not in hers. Other than that, they're identical.

Weird.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Try a website like AndroLib.com to bypass this and test if its compatible on her phone.

Links