DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Best pic app to replace gallery?

  1. Super Moderator
    Martin030908's Avatar
    Member #
    248
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    8,836
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by pilot25 View Post
    get a patent or STFU!
    Kinda what I was getting at
  2. Master Droid
    hughesjr's Avatar
    Member #
    14620
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    278
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #12
    There is a difference between "looking like" something and actually using their items.

    You can copyright code and images that you produce ... and that can not be copied.

    If you look at something and design something similar without reusing any of their items, that is a different story.

    So, the question is, did he use their code or images?

    If he is using their code, and if it is not open source, then it does not matter if it looks the same or not. If he is not using their code or images, then it can look similar.
    Last edited by hughesjr; 12-27-2009 at 05:25 PM.
  3. Master Droid
    Erich_F's Avatar
    Member #
    4106
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Odessa, FL
    Posts
    329
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #13
    Wow, talk about a perfectly HIJACKED thread. Well played, MBatt.

    Does anyone have an answer for the OP? I'd like to know, myself. I don't give a FF about HTC's copyright issues.
  4. Master Droid
    brianr0131's Avatar
    Member #
    2444
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Posts
    408
    Phone
    Droid
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Erich_F View Post
    Wow, talk about a perfectly HIJACKED thread. Well played, MBatt.

    Does anyone have an answer for the OP? I'd like to know, myself. I don't give a FF about HTC's copyright issues.
    LOL

    B&B gallery is by far the best. It has pinch zoon and swipe to switch pictures. Otherwise it looks like the native app

    Just search for "Gallery" in market and it's the second listed (bread and butter)
  5. Master Droid
    Erich_F's Avatar
    Member #
    4106
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Odessa, FL
    Posts
    329
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #15
    Interesting, there are two versions on the Market...v1.0 and v1.2 (ad supported). Looks like the reviewers don't like the ad version at all...
  6. Senior Droid
    stevo95's Avatar
    Member #
    13553
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    181
    Phone
    Bionic
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by brianr0131 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Erich_F View Post
    Wow, talk about a perfectly HIJACKED thread. Well played, MBatt.

    Does anyone have an answer for the OP? I'd like to know, myself. I don't give a FF about HTC's copyright issues.
    LOL

    B&B gallery is by far the best. It has pinch zoon and swipe to switch pictures. Otherwise it looks like the native app

    Just search for "Gallery" in market and it's the second listed (bread and butter)
    Thanks, does the job. Only minor concern is that unlike Gallery, it doesnt have a quick menu displayed to allow you to delete or share a pic, no biggie because you can do this with one click on the menu button.
  7. Super Moderator
    Martin030908's Avatar
    Member #
    248
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    8,836
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    #17
    thanks for steering this thread back on topic Erich. Got a lil off topic.
    I've just stuck with the stock gallery app.
  8. Master Droid
    Erich_F's Avatar
    Member #
    4106
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Odessa, FL
    Posts
    329
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #18
    Martin, my pleasure

    I tried the older version. It is just a tad better than the stock app, for the swipe browsing. Other than that, it's the same. I was hoping to find an app that allows me to move pics around folders and better organize pics, without having to use Astro or Linda file managers. Linda is a bit easier because it uses thumbnails of the pics, so you can see what the pic is, where Astro is just a generic icon.
  9. Senior Droid
    mrnelson86's Avatar
    Member #
    11403
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    198
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Erich_F View Post
    Martin, my pleasure

    I tried the older version. It is just a tad better than the stock app, for the swipe browsing. Other than that, it's the same. I was hoping to find an app that allows me to move pics around folders and better organize pics, without having to use Astro or Linda file managers. Linda is a bit easier because it uses thumbnails of the pics, so you can see what the pic is, where Astro is just a generic icon.
    For Astro there is an option to show thumbnail pictures in the preferences...under "Look and Feel"
  10. Master Droid
    Erich_F's Avatar
    Member #
    4106
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Odessa, FL
    Posts
    329
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #20
    Ah, kool.....thanks! I had to go back and forth with that in order to get it to refresh and make the thumbnails...but it's all good now.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. App to enhance or replace the Camera on Droid
    By MAzing87 in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-21-2011, 03:09 AM
  2. Google Voice to replace verizon SMS
    By inconspicuous bandito in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-16-2009, 12:41 AM
  3. Auto Replace?
    By Natolx in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-11-2009, 12:52 PM
  4. Widget to replace WM "today screen" updates
    By ntaylor in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-30-2009, 04:03 PM
  5. Gallery App?
    By DroidMunkey in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-26-2009, 12:57 PM

Search tags for this page

apps to replace gallery
,

b&b gallery android

,
b&b gallery android app
,

b&b gallery app

,

best app to replace gallery

,
best apps to replace gallery in android
,

best droid gallery app

,

best gallery app

,

best gallery app droid

,

best gallery app for android

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+