DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Maker of "Angry Birds" seems to prefer Apple

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID PRO
    Makes sense.. android has so many different phones with different hardware so it must be a pain to make an app then realize its not compatible or it isn't running right on some devices.

Also.. there's more iphones and ipod touches and as a developer im trying to make money so why wouldn't I prefer apple over android lol
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    Quote Originally Posted by MO3iusONE View Post
    Makes sense.. android has so many different phones with different hardware so it must be a pain to make an app then realize its not compatible or it isn't running right on some devices.

Also.. there's more iphones and ipod touches and as a developer im trying to make money so why wouldn't I prefer apple over android lol
    ^exactly... All things considered if you have limited resources and are trying to make $$ why not stick with the platform that 1) has BY FAR the most users and 2) a consistent, controlled platform on which to design. Hats off to the Android developers that are doing a great job but it must be a HUGE PIA to support so many devices AND so many OS versions, and all with a fraction of the users iPOS has (therefore far less chance for revenue)... Google really needs to tighten things up if they want Android to really be considered a 'threat' to iPOS.
    You are right to be wary. There is much bullcrap. Be wary of me too, because I may be wrong. Make up your own mind after you evaluate all the evidence and the logic. - Mark Rippetoe
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID PRO
    Are you serious? Who as a developer isn't trying to make money? People have wives, kids, lives...sure there's a few that might just take donations might create apps as a hobby but if im gonna bust my ass off to make an app why wouldn't I want to make money off of it?

A friend of mine would refuse to buy any apps for his iphone. He said he didn't want to give apple any of his money. Yea ok, apples gets a small cut off each app but im all about supporting the little guy making some app on his off time. I spent close to 30 bucks on apps when I had an iphone 4 mostly games really but I mean I can't be stingy and say I wont buy any apps for android. I know launcher pro for example is free but I bought the full version.

Im all for buying apps.. I mean as of now.. ios has the best apps and I think that's mainly because more people are willing to pay for them.

Quote Originally Posted by yakitori View Post
    Of course he prefer apple cause all he seems concerned about is revenue. That's right in line with apple values...as well as marketing

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Droid 4

Agree.

I just bought Word Fued because I've been playing it consistantly for weeks.
    I would have probably done the same with Angry Birds Seasons.

I do like that I can play free to see if I like the game enough to pay for it.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Iphone
    Quote Originally Posted by yakitori View Post
    Of course he prefer apple cause all he seems concerned about is revenue. That's right in line with apple values...as well as marketing

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    since when has trying to make money become such a bad quality in humans? A man has to pay his mortgage somehow now doesn't he.

more power to him I think.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Yep, I think Angry Birds cost about 6 bucks in the app store . . .
    Not too far off, $4.99. It's only 99 cents for the iPhone version, and there is a free Lite version available as well. Then there is the Seasons version that has about 40 levels at $1.99 for the iPad and 99 cents for the iPhone.

I think the price of the iPad version is worth it. The extra screen makes aiming easier, and the graphics and action are beautiful. Hopefully when there are more Android tablets on the market they will make a version for them as well.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    None
    Oh no!

While looking up the prices for Angry Birds I found that you can now get Angry Birds and Angry Birds Halloween ring tones. I have enough trouble getting that tune out of my head after playing the game.

http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/2010/0...song-ringtone/
    Last edited by TwerpPoet; 12-31-2010 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Added link
  8. Nice Guy
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Premium Member

While I can see that, now that there is an Android version, why not just add a paid key to remove the ads? It may not generate much money, but it should add some to his bank account.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Iphone
    so he can make some money, just not the maximum amount because it inconveniences his?

If ads are that much of a problem for ya, root, and download adfree. Or turn on airplain mode
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID PRO
    I remember buying Infinity Blade and Rage HD..I think Infinity Blade was like 6 bucks and Rage was like 4 or 5.. I ain't gonna lie.. 6 bucks is pretty steep for a game but have you seen it? Pure eye sex it is lol..
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links