DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Better then a Radar Detector on your PHONE

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
    The GPS systems used in an AVL (Automatic Vehicle Locate) system built in to a Public Safety CAD system are utlized through the secure connection between the vehicle's mobile data terminal and the home servers in dispatch. No app can display that.....legally.

If it's okay with the mods here, I cross posted it on an International LE site.

Sorry, there isn't an app for that... - American Police Beat Forums powered by OfficerResource | Law Enforcement Forums, Police Forums

No worries Pudge. I use Trapster and I post my location when running radar just to see if there are other users on and to see how many thumbs up I next to my location that I have shared on the App. I do it to get people to slow down without having to cost them money. That and I hate working wrecks. Can't wait for someone to say I was running a speed trap when I'm sharing my location on a speed trap app. Not to mention I've been know to mark a speed trap every mile along one road in my beat.
    Good idea. I may start doing that as well. There's no stat for what we prevent with our presence. But Trapster could help.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
    The GPS systems used in an AVL (Automatic Vehicle Locate) system built in to a Public Safety CAD system are utlized through the secure connection between the vehicle's mobile data terminal and the home servers in dispatch. No app can display that.....legally.

If it's okay with the mods here, I cross posted it on an International LE site.

Sorry, there isn't an app for that... - American Police Beat Forums powered by OfficerResource | Law Enforcement Forums, Police Forums

No worries Pudge. I use Trapster and I post my location when running radar just to see if there are other users on and to see how many thumbs up I next to my location that I have shared on the App. I do it to get people to slow down without having to cost them money. That and I hate working wrecks. Can't wait for someone to say I was running a speed trap when I'm sharing my location on a speed trap app. Not to mention I've been know to mark a speed trap every mile along one road in my beat.
    lol thats pretty cool and funny
    You should watch me use the metal detector app as a lie detector. Making it go crazy when someone is full of bravo sierra is priceless.
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Not to mention I've been know to mark a speed trap every mile along one road in my beat.
    Love it!

Years ago when I lived in Poughkeepsie, NY (long before the Internet) the police would have the local radio stations broadcast where they were setting up speed traps, they would also put their schedule in the newspaper. Goal was to slow people down, not write more tickets and clog the courts (they were busy enough with the beginnings of the crack epidemic...).

Alan
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Iphone
    I love how when discussing driving, people think germany is the cream.... if they were as good at everything as people say, wed all be speaking german since 45.

Sent from my Droid 2 while driving.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Gritwater View Post
    I love how when discussing driving, people think germany is the cream.... if they were as good at everything as people say, wed all be speaking german since 45.
    Don't be ridiculous. It's not all-or-nothing. The fact that we don't all speak German doesn't mean that we're better at everything.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by takeshi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gritwater View Post
    Don't be ridiculous. It's not all-or-nothing. The fact that we don't all speak German doesn't mean that we're better at everything.

Having lived in Germany, they damn sure drive better than the average American.
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    What is a Radar Detector on your PHONE? Does is a kind rf detector? Is there any apps about the radar detector?
    Last edited by janisekoestner; 08-11-2013 at 09:20 PM.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    DroidX
    Please drive the speed limit. Not for your safety, but for MINE. Thanks. I can picture it now.... 90 miles an hour and eyes glued to the phone.
    Last edited by Yellowhammer; 08-08-2013 at 04:27 AM. Reason: spelling
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Links