DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Something like Setcpu?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid

Something like Setcpu?

Is there some kinda app or widget that shows what speed i'm running at that moment? Maybe something that displays it on the notification bar. Like when you go into Setcpu and you see the speed jumping up or down. I want that displayed all the time
    Droid Bionic
    R3blurr3ed
    + =
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    Why not just use setCPU?? The latest release has a 'live' widget that will show you the current clockspeed (though be warned any such widget/service is going to use a lot of cpu cycles and thus battery)
    You are right to be wary. There is much bullcrap. Be wary of me too, because I may be wrong. Make up your own mind after you evaluate all the evidence and the logic. - Mark Rippetoe
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I do use setcpu and I just DLed the update but i'm not should what to set the active part to? When I put it on passive, it just says Setcpu on top of the widget. If I change it to a set amount of seconds, does that mean it will refresh every whatever seconds i set it at and display it on top of the widget? I changed it to 5 secs and it just says 550mhz on top. My min is 550 and max is 1100
    Droid Bionic
    R3blurr3ed
    + =
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayzejlm View Post
    I do use setcpu and I just DLed the update but i'm not should what to set the active part to? When I put it on passive, it just says Setcpu on top of the widget. If I change it to a set amount of seconds, does that mean it will refresh every whatever seconds i set it at and display it on top of the widget? I changed it to 5 secs and it just says 550mhz on top. My min is 550 and max is 1100
    Exactly, unless you are actively in an app or something you're going to be on the min setting most of the time. You could shorten the refresh rate (it used to support 'real time') but it's going to drain a lot of CPU and battery. Unless you are having some performance problems you are trying to track down it's really kind of a waste, and then there are better ways to track the problem.
    You are right to be wary. There is much bullcrap. Be wary of me too, because I may be wrong. Make up your own mind after you evaluate all the evidence and the logic. - Mark Rippetoe
  5. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Droid Overclock has a nice widget. I thought of implementing that but it would drain your battery having the service running for literally every second. would be cool though.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayzejlm View Post
    Is there some kinda app or widget that shows what speed i'm running at that moment? Maybe something that displays it on the notification bar. Like when you go into Setcpu and you see the speed jumping up or down. I want that displayed all the time
    Go into SetCPU and click on the profiles tab. At the top is a checkbox for notifications. If checked, you'll have your current speed (and profile) viewable in the notification bar.

Links