DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Handcent Notifications

  1. Junior Droid
    GMofOLC's Avatar
    Member #
    17318
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    22
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #1

    Handcent Notifications

    Just got my Droid today. Got Handcent within an hour.
    Later tonight I come back from the bathroom and see that I have 2 missed txts in the notification panel. Cool. I swipe down, "You have to missed conversations/txts/whatever." I push it.
    It brings me to the Handcent page where it lists who I have conversations with. Nothing is highlighted or anything.
    This is not helpful at all.
    Am I doing something wrong here? Or am I missing something? Seems to me like it should bring me right to the conversation I got a txt in, no make me guess which conversation I got a txt in.
    Shouldn't it also list each person I got a txt from in the notification panel? Not just "You have 3 new txts. We're not going to tell you from who. Guess!"

    Anybody?
  2. Senior Droid
    griz8791's Avatar
    Member #
    6880
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    186
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #2
    From the main Handcent screen listing all your threads, tap the menu key (the one on the chassis of the phone, not the screen).

    Choose Settings.

    Scroll down to "SMS Receive Setting."

    Click in the checkbox to "enable popup."

    Once you have enabled the popup, tap on the next item below to customize the popup settings.

    Also check out the "notification settings," which, among other things, allow you to specify whether the new text message will scroll briefly across the top of your device and whether to assign a unique blinking LED color for new incoming Handcent messages.

    I think that last one is pretty cool. Now I have blinking green for new gmail messages, blinking blue for new Handcent messages, and blinking magenta for new e-mails in my two non-gmail accounts. What this does is flash the LED a particular color so you will know you have a new message even when the screen is locked and therefore blacked out.
  3. Junior Droid
    GMofOLC's Avatar
    Member #
    17318
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    22
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by griz8791 View Post
    From the main Handcent screen listing all your threads, tap the menu key (the one on the chassis of the phone, not the screen).

    Choose Settings.

    Scroll down to "SMS Receive Setting."

    Click in the checkbox to "enable popup."

    Once you have enabled the popup, tap on the next item below to customize the popup settings.
    Yeah, but this goes away after a while. I want to use the popup when I'm near/active with the phone. If I don't get to the txts when they are sent, I want to be able to tell who they're sent from, but I don't want to keep the popup thing there for ever.
  4. Master Droid
    gotta have that funk's Avatar
    Member #
    16788
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    870
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    #4
    use chompSMS
  5. Senior Droid
    mad3963's Avatar
    Member #
    2275
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    150
    Twitter
    Tech3963
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by GMofOLC View Post
    Just got my Droid today. Got Handcent within an hour.
    Later tonight I come back from the bathroom and see that I have 2 missed txts in the notification panel. Cool. I swipe down, "You have to missed conversations/txts/whatever." I push it.
    It brings me to the Handcent page where it lists who I have conversations with. Nothing is highlighted or anything.
    This is not helpful at all.
    Am I doing something wrong here? Or am I missing something? Seems to me like it should bring me right to the conversation I got a txt in, no make me guess which conversation I got a txt in.
    Shouldn't it also list each person I got a txt from in the notification panel? Not just "You have 3 new txts. We're not going to tell you from who. Guess!"

    Anybody?
    I use Handcent. When I get new texts and tap on the Notification Panel alert, it loads the Conversation list in Handcent and the conversations with new messages are moved to the top. To the left of each conversation with a new message is a green vertical bar to let me know which conversations have new messages. I did nothing special to make this happen. Just there by default, as far as I know.
  6. Premium Member
    mth04's Avatar
    Member #
    133
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,082
    Liked
    6 times
    Premium Member
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by gotta have that funk View Post
    use chompSMS
    I think you mis-read. He is using Handcent already . So why say that
    Sometimes , It is what it is !
  7. Droid Ninja
    huskur's Avatar
    Member #
    11527
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lower Delaware
    Posts
    1,885
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    #7
    OK....need some help. I downloaded handcent and now when i get a new message it comes in twice. Once in handcent and the same message is delivered with the droids messenging system. What do i need to do to get them to come in with only handcent?
  8. Droid Ninja
    huskur's Avatar
    Member #
    11527
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lower Delaware
    Posts
    1,885
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    #8
    NEVERMIND......(turn off notification on the android SMS and enable it on Handcent)
  9. Junior Droid
    GMofOLC's Avatar
    Member #
    17318
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    22
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by mad3963 View Post
    I use Handcent. When I get new texts and tap on the Notification Panel alert, it loads the Conversation list in Handcent and the conversations with new messages are moved to the top. To the left of each conversation with a new message is a green vertical bar to let me know which conversations have new messages. I did nothing special to make this happen. Just there by default, as far as I know.
    Ah!
    Yes!
    I did not notice it was at the top because I thought it was in alphabetical order and the person's name started with 'C'.
    I also didn't notice the little green bar.
    Thank you so much.
    I feel dumb now though...
  10. Super Moderator
    Martin030908's Avatar
    Member #
    248
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    8,836
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by GMofOLC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by griz8791 View Post
    From the main Handcent screen listing all your threads, tap the menu key (the one on the chassis of the phone, not the screen).

    Choose Settings.

    Scroll down to "SMS Receive Setting."

    Click in the checkbox to "enable popup."

    Once you have enabled the popup, tap on the next item below to customize the popup settings.
    Yeah, but this goes away after a while. I want to use the popup when I'm near/active with the phone. If I don't get to the txts when they are sent, I want to be able to tell who they're sent from, but I don't want to keep the popup thing there for ever.
    You can disable the pop up from waking up the screen.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. How to guide: Disable double notifications when using handcent sms
    By medicTHREE in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 04-20-2012, 08:07 AM
  2. handcent displays double notifications even with one disabled
    By evilkokonut in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-30-2011, 11:28 AM
  3. Duplicate notifications with Handcent/Messaging
    By f150steeler in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-12-2010, 12:40 PM
  4. Handcent individual notifications
    By MarkDF in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-02-2009, 09:31 AM
  5. Multiple Text Notifications with Handcent
    By KiotaKahn in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-27-2009, 11:19 AM

Search tags for this page

green bar in handcent
,
handcent green bar
,

handcent notifications

,

handcent red x

,
handcent red x icon
,
handcent red x on conversation page
,

red x handcent

,
red x in handcent
,

red x on handcent

,
why is there a red x on my conversation in handcent
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+