DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Widgets and Apps

  1. Rescue Squad
    MattyP's Avatar
    Member #
    121870
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In a race car...
    Posts
    2,267
    Liked
    610 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #1

    Widgets and Apps

    I'm not sure if this is the proper section for this issue, if it's not please feel free to drag and drop it to the proper section...

    I am on a rooted Droid 2. I am using ADW Launcher, which I love, but I have run into an issue that has me perplexed.

    I have downloaded many apps and widgets from the Market. This problem is especially true with widgets. (But not ALL widgets)

    I will install a widget on one of my screens, and everything will work fine. But if I reboot my phone, the widget will be gone, and there will be a black box with a message stating "Problem Loading Widget". That black box can be dragged to the trash can (it's the only way to remove it from the screen) Then I long press on the screen, and tap "Widgets" and that widget has disappeared from the list of available widgets to install. It still says installed on the Market page, and if I uninstall and reinstall, same thing. This has happened with battery widgets, calendar widgets, photo widgets, just not ALL widgets. On my home screen, I have a Beautiful Widgets clock and weather at the top of the screen. I have a photo widget with a photo of my girlfriend. I have a battery widget from the Market (the ONLY one I have found that will survive a reboot), and a widget to toggle between ring, vibrate, and silent modes. These are the only widgets that I have been able to find that will survive a reboot. And it's not just on my default screen in ADW Launcher, it does the same thing on any screen I put those widgets on. (I have seven screens total)

    And yes, I do know that widgets are not supposed to be installed on the SD Card. I have double and triple checked to make sure they are installed on the phone, I use Apps2SD to move apps to the SD Card. Even when installed on the phone, they disappear. Anyone else experience this?

    Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks in advance!
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Rescue Squad
    MattyP's Avatar
    Member #
    121870
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In a race car...
    Posts
    2,267
    Liked
    610 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #2
    *BUMP*

    Still hoping someone can shed some light on this...
  4. Master Droid
    elcompaLalo's Avatar
    Member #
    125872
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SinCity
    Posts
    416
    Phone
    rooted Droid2
    #3
    Maybe uninstall and then re-installing your launcher app will fix it.

    Directly from a D2
  5. Rescue Squad
    MattyP's Avatar
    Member #
    121870
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In a race car...
    Posts
    2,267
    Liked
    610 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by elcompaLalo View Post
    Maybe uninstall and then re-installing your launcher app will fix it.

    Directly from a D2
    I am considering that, uninstalling it to see if the widgets still disappear from the stock screens. Then I will know if it's ADW or the widgets themselves. I've sent an email to the developer of Titanium Backup asking if a backup of ADW will save the settings or not or if I have to start from scratch if I re-install ADW. Still waiting to hear from him.
  6. Master Droid
    elcompaLalo's Avatar
    Member #
    125872
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SinCity
    Posts
    416
    Phone
    rooted Droid2
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elcompaLalo View Post
    Maybe uninstall and then re-installing your launcher app will fix it.

    Directly from a D2
    I am considering that, uninstalling it to see if the widgets still disappear from the stock screens. Then I will know if it's ADW or the widgets themselves. I've sent an email to the developer of Titanium Backup asking if a backup of ADW will save the settings or not or if I have to start from scratch if I re-install ADW. Still waiting to hear from him.
    Another option would be to try LauncherPro, you can backup your layout/settings with it. Couldn't hurt to try it out.

    Directly from a D2
  7. Super Moderator
    Bob Dammit's Avatar
    Member #
    14607
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    N 42 05.183 W 079 10.914
    Posts
    1,718
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Droid.
    Premium Member
    #6
    Move the widget apps from your SD card to your phone. They will never come back is the apk's are loaded on your SD card. From the homescreen, menu, settings, applications, manage applications, tap the programs, and tap "move to phone".
    I touched Lord Stanley's Cup on 1/2/11.
  8. Rescue Squad
    MattyP's Avatar
    Member #
    121870
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In a race car...
    Posts
    2,267
    Liked
    610 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by elcompaLalo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elcompaLalo View Post
    Maybe uninstall and then re-installing your launcher app will fix it.

    Directly from a D2
    I am considering that, uninstalling it to see if the widgets still disappear from the stock screens. Then I will know if it's ADW or the widgets themselves. I've sent an email to the developer of Titanium Backup asking if a backup of ADW will save the settings or not or if I have to start from scratch if I re-install ADW. Still waiting to hear from him.
    Another option would be to try LauncherPro, you can backup your layout/settings with it. Couldn't hurt to try it out.

    Directly from a D2
    I may have figured out the problem. I uninstalled ADW and tried the same widgets on the stock screens. Same problem, disappeared after reboot and disappeared from the widgets list when creating a widget. So I did some digging. I use "Apps2SD" for moving apps to the SD card. It shows the widgets being installed on the phone. However, when I go into the phone settings, under applications, and tap manage applications, it shows the widgets as being installed on the SD card, which is a no-no with widgets. I tap "move to phone", reinstall the widgets, and they survive a reboot. Now I have to figure out why they are automatically sent to the SD card. I also found my ADW themes on the SD card, and moved those to the phone. So now when I reinstall ADW maybe those themes will stick now.
  9. Rescue Squad
    MattyP's Avatar
    Member #
    121870
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In a race car...
    Posts
    2,267
    Liked
    610 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Dammit View Post
    Move the widget apps from your SD card to your phone. They will never come back is the apk's are loaded on your SD card. From the homescreen, menu, settings, applications, manage applications, tap the programs, and tap "move to phone".
    LOL just as you were typing your response I was typing mine...see my last reply... and thanks!

    EDIT: Any idea why they are automatically being sent to the SD card? In my Apps2Sd they show as being on the phone. In the phone settings, they show as being on SD card.
  10. Master Droid
    sherri's Avatar
    Member #
    281
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    362
    Liked
    14 times
    #9
    If the phone is rooted, many ROM's offer the option to automatically download apps to SD card. Check for this....

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  11. Rescue Squad
    MattyP's Avatar
    Member #
    121870
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In a race car...
    Posts
    2,267
    Liked
    610 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by sherri View Post
    If the phone is rooted, many ROM's offer the option to automatically download apps to SD card. Check for this....

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    I am rooted, but no custom ROM's. I have been through every setting in the phone settings and can't find anything to check or uncheck for apps going to the SD Card. I downloaded a widget tonight and it went straight to the SD Card, I moved it back and installed it. It's not earth shattering, but every time I download a widget I just have to move it to the phone before I install it. But since all my screens are now full I shouldn't have to do it too often LOL
    So MattyP how do you get all the ladies??
    'MattyP' I just offer classes on upgrading their OS...
    Really?? That's it??
    'MattyP' yeah, the chicks love it when you give em an upgrade...

    Sig courtesy of jstafford1

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. anyone got cool apps or Widgets?
    By nwwolf1 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-30-2010, 12:13 PM
  2. Necessary apps/widgets?
    By itwerk in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-10-2010, 09:05 PM
  3. Widgets or Apps?
    By Scribble in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-22-2010, 11:31 AM
  4. Widgets vs. Apps
    By bobdoering in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-14-2010, 10:54 PM
  5. Must have apps/widgets? Screenshots plz
    By arm33n in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-22-2009, 07:59 PM

Search tags for this page

adw launcher ex problem loading widget

,
adw launcher ex problem loading widget after reboot
,
adw launcher problem loading widget
,

adwlauncher remember widget positions backup

,
tap & track android
,
tap & track for android free
,
tap and track android
,
tap and track app android
,
titanium backup bionic no widget
,

widgets and apps

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+