So you are another frustrated programmer. You Just spent the last 2 weeks or more working on an app and now that it's finally ready you aren't getting the feedback you deserve. Trust me I've been there. After tons of research and work I decided to create a free review website, NewAppsReview - The shortcut to the latest apps on the market. It's sole purpose is to boost new apps, along with providing users with a list of all new apps on the market.
There are several methods you can try to market an app. On experience every little counts. You need to post links to your app in every place of the internet if possible.
You may start by trying:
1) Forums. Most forums have their own app promotion page. Here's a list of some of them:
Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
2) Sending Press Release emails to media. Always remember that these guys get alot of app review emails, so make yours stick out! Follow this guide for an excellent immpression. The Care and Feeding of the Press — Internet Press Guild
3) Apply For Reviews on all review websites. Here are some links:
NewAppsReview - The shortcut to the latest apps on the market
Android Apps Review Online | Andoid App and Accessories Review
Mobile Startupz | Mobile Application Startups for iPhone,Android,BlackBerry,Windows Phone and other Mobile Operating systemsMobile Startupz
Contact - AndroidGuys
4) Always use social media. Facebook,twitter.... They are free and effective
5) If you can spend money for your promotion try some CPI network like admob to raise your downloads. You need to experiment with these to get the best results at minimum cost.
Remember that for marketing to work your app needs to be good.
Hope this helps you.