DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Creating Icon Packs

1. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    610 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx

Creating Icon Packs

I recently discovered "Desktop Visualizer", and I have been playing around with making icons for my Droid 2. I've made some pretty decent icons, so I am considering creating and icon pack, maybe for Desktop Visualizer or even ADW Launcher.

I have several graphics design programs at my disposal, such as Photoshop, Macromedia Fireworks and Flash, 3D Studio Max, and a couple others. Making the icons is the relatively easy part, but once I have them made, I would need to "package" them and prepare them for installation and use.

Can someone point me in the right direction and tell me what is involved in such a venture? Thanks in advance!
    So MattyP how do you get all the ladies??
    'MattyP' I just offer classes on upgrading their OS...
    Really?? That's it??
    'MattyP' yeah, the chicks love it when you give em an upgrade...

Sig courtesy of jstafford1

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1 Froyo/Ultimate Droid
    I'm not sure how to go about making your icons into an "icon pack" app either. I've been thinking about doing the same thing for mine. I decided a while back that since I can't figure that part out yet I would still post what I make for the community. There are a couple of ways that I go about this. First thing I did was I started learning about how to theme roms. That way I can add my icons to the theme. The second is to just fill up a zip folder with my icons and post them here in the forums. Just start a thread in the themeing section. I admit that I haven't done that last part yet but now that I'm thinking about it I believe that I will. Check the link in my thread if you want and you will find some icons and wallpapers that I made for The Breeze theme that is made for the Ultimate Droid Rom. Plus I would love to see what you have made so far.....

I make wallpapers and then I force all of my friends to use them. If they don't I refuse to help them with their Droids. lol

Breeze theme for Ultimate Droid 2.5.0 http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...se-breeze.html

Breeze theme for Sapphire 2.0.0 http://www.droidforums.net/forum/cvp...e-2-0-0-a.html

If you like what I do then please pinch my butt or something. Let me know that you care.

Links