DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Screen Protector?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola RAZOR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Thefamous1 View Post
    I've heard the one by ZAGG is really good, maybe the best. What makes it so good compared to other screen protectors, like the one from Seidio for example?

Also, do the screen protectors help significantly against preventing fingerprints on the screen?

Thanks!

I had a Zagg on my previous phone (enVtouch) and it worked well. The thing that scared me was installing it. You have to get the phone pretty wet.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve H View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thefamous1 View Post
    I've heard the one by ZAGG is really good, maybe the best. What makes it so good compared to other screen protectors, like the one from Seidio for example?

Also, do the screen protectors help significantly against preventing fingerprints on the screen?

Thanks!

I had a Zagg on my previous phone (enVtouch) and it worked well. The thing that scared me was installing it. You have to get the phone pretty wet.
    For those of you who haven't installed a screen protector that uses liquid during installation yet - BE CAREFUL! I got some spray in the ear/speaker portion above the screen when installing my Bodyguardz and the touchscreen stopped working. I was making plans to exchange the phone, but luckily, when I turned the phone on the next morning everything was ok. Just be careful.

And speaking of using a screen protector, I've used one for the last year on my G1 and had the bodyguardz on my droid when I got it, but after taking it off recently b/c of some dust/dirt that was bothering me, I don't think I'm going back to a protector. The feel and the look of the screen really are so much better w/o a protector, and I'm very careful when handling my phone anyway. I can honestly say that I think I'd rather deal w/ a few, light scratches from regular use and enjoy the look and feel of my screen than use a protector that hinders the feel and view of the screen.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorala droid
    I too have taken my protector off and now feel soo liberated. All natural feels and looks great.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    zecpull
    Phone
    Bionic and Rezond switching
    I saw the video of the guy Rubbing a key back and forth on the screen..and then Dropping a ring of keys about 3 ft onto the screen..and not even a nick...I like the feel of the screen without...I had one for a week..and it made the touch screen less responsive. I am Going BareBack for now...
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    I will say that I don' t think the touch screen was less responsive with a screen protector on it (Bodyguardz), but it definitely didn't feel as nice as going naked.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I've only had my phone for three days. I picked up the Verizon Droid screen protectors today and they don't seem to change the responsiveness of the screen at all. Easy to apply, no liquid or anything--just line it up and go.

I don't know if I'll just stick with these or get something else, but I was getting nervous about leaving the phone unprotected. Yes, I may be worrying too much, but I do that.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Zecpull View Post
    I saw the video of the guy Rubbing a key back and forth on the screen..and then Dropping a ring of keys about 3 ft onto the screen..and not even a nick
    mine has a scratch and i have taken great care with it ...i don't know how the scratch got there, so it makes me think the screen can be easily scratched with the "right" object.
    Alltel refugee
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Had the Zagg Invisible Shield on my previous phone (LG Dare) and really loved it. A little more resistance to sliding your finger but not tooooo much. I've got the Verizon protector on my Droid and I don't really care for it. The edges do not seem to seal nearly as well as the Zagg and it has a few bubbles under it too that haven't been able to get out yet (only 2 days though).

When I bought the phone the saleslady told me that if you scratch the screen it is not covered by warranty. She really pushed using protection. Not sure if I would feel comfortable without it.

Thinking of buying the Zagg but haven't totally decided.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links