DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me find a good bluetooth headset

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Verizon Droid (original Droid)

Help me find a good bluetooth headset

I live in Maryland, and tomorrow a law goes into effect that bans the use of cellphones while driving unless you have a handsfree headset. I used to have a Motorola bluetooth headset, but it did not work well with my Droid. Can anyone help me find a bluetooth headset that actually works with the Droid? I want to be able to press a button to answer a call, and press a button and initiate voice dialing. I don't need to listen to music through the headset. Jawbone design preferred over a wired usit, and noise/wind cancelling would be a plus. I wouldn't say that money is no object, but I would probably be willing to pay a reasonable price for a unit hat actually works well. Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    i have two different headets and love them both...

Jabra Cruiser
    Plantronics 750 (i think)

either way they are both awesome headsets... mostly with any accessory... you get wat you paid for

both mine were $80+
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I love my jawbone 2 and 3
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    OSP1596
    Phone
    Galaxy NeXus
    Jawbone Icon

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    PlantrronicsDiscovery Pro. A lot more comfortable than the Jawbone. IMHO
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    TP-D1-D2
    I have had all the Jawbones and while they are a good headset, I hated the fit. Always hurt my ear. So, I found the BlueAnt series of headsets and I do believe they are the best on the market. I currently have the BlueAnt Q2 and it's the best damn headset I think I have ever used in features and fit. Just my opinion.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Verizon Droid (original Droid)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quie2Droid View Post
    I have had all the Jawbones and while they are a good headset, I hated the fit. Always hurt my ear. So, I found the BlueAnt series of headsets and I do believe they are the best on the market. I currently have the BlueAnt Q2 and it's the best damn headset I think I have ever used in features and fit. Just my opinion.
    Thank you to all of you who responded. So many great choices. I have ordered the BlueAnt Q2. Read tons of reviews, especialy on all the ones suggested here. The Q2 seems to have the features I need plus some, and the reviews were good as well.
  8. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KevKaos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Quie2Droid View Post
    Thank you to all of you who responded. So many great choices. I have ordered the BlueAnt Q2. Read tons of reviews, especialy on all the ones suggested here. The Q2 seems to have the features I need plus some, and the reviews were good as well.
    Well, I wish I would have seen your post before you ordered. I have a Blue Ant Q1 and the volume is barely audible. I got myself a cheap plantonics for like 40.00 and it worked much better.

You say you're getting a Q2. Make sure you update your firmware when you get it, maybe it will be better then the Q1. The way to reach your contacts as an FYI is when it says "say a command" respond with contacts. That will get you to your phones contacts.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DX
    I have a Jabra Cruiser for the car and it is great both in speaker and FM mode.
    $59 @ Costco
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by KevKaos View Post
    I live in Maryland, and tomorrow a law goes into effect that bans the use of cellphones while driving unless you have a handsfree headset. I used to have a Motorola bluetooth headset, but it did not work well with my Droid. Can anyone help me find a bluetooth headset that actually works with the Droid? I want to be able to press a button to answer a call, and press a button and initiate voice dialing. I don't need to listen to music through the headset. Jawbone design preferred over a wired usit, and noise/wind cancelling would be a plus. I wouldn't say that money is no object, but I would probably be willing to pay a reasonable price for a unit hat actually works well. Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide.
    Not a headset - but works awesome for true hands-free..... BLUEANT S4 - Voice Controlled Car Speakerphone - love it - works with 2 phones as well - stores your main/primary phone list - easy to use........ check it out - on sale at AT&T - but full price at Verizon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links